Georgia, Iran, Portugal, Spanien, Türkei
01.03.2019 - 15.06.2019
Hi there! My name is Merel and I live in Utrecht, near Amsterdam. This spring I have been doing three months of traveling and volunteering in Portugal, Spain, Georgia, Iran and Turkey and it was amazing :) Currently I'm back at my job at a software company. But I'm already dreaming about leaving the Netherlands again! So new plans are being created every day ;P
I started a TEFL course, so in some months I hope to have obtained my certificate to teach English. It's my dream to some day buy a little house overlooking the ocean. To work remotely either as a language teacher or as a software developer and at the samen time starting my own business like a small scale touring agency, hostel or yoga/silence retreat.
- Customer service
- Physical therapy: I graduated as a physical therapist. I do not work in the profession anymore since a couple of years so I am not officially licensed anymore, but I can still do some basic diagnostics and give useful training advice.
- Arts: creative wallpainting, creating artworks with natural materials, playing the piano
- Gardening (weeding, sowing, harvesting, pruning and the like)
- Taking care of animals (experience with all kinds of cattle and pets)
- Landscaping (like cutting down wood, fencing pastures)
- General maintenance
- Basic construction jobs and carpentry (I know how to handle a hammer, drill, screwdriver, saw, sander and so on)
- Driver's license, experience with driving an ATV
I eat practically anything as long as it is healthy ;)