Frankreich, Italien, Portugal, Russia, Spanien
20.01.2019 - 01.04.2020
unterwegs auf Reisen
I graduated from school a year ago and and wanted some time to figure out the next step in my life and in the meantime I was volunteering for a dog rescue in Mexico for 4 months and then spent some time volunteering for a hostel.
I came back to Germany in May and I’ve been working since, but I quickly came to realise that I missed being around dogs and just spending time with them, taking them on walks and learning all about their behaviour.
As I still have some time left before I will apply for my studies I really wanted to take the opportunity again and help at shelters that need and want help.
- Thanks to people with an enormous understanding of all things dog related I learned quite a lot about how dogs think and why they act certain ways, how to walk them properly and I would love to add on to that and learn as much as possible.
- I’ve already experienced what it is like to live at a shelter I know that it’s unpredictable and that you have to be very flexible and ready to have very last minute changes done and to always be prepared for emergencies.
- I find walking very relaxing so I’m always up for a hike or taking a couple of dogs out for walks.
- I’ve grown up with my grandmas garden where I’ve helped out here and there, so I can help with some garden work.
- In school I had lessons in website programming that I really enjoyed and I also have learned how to use photoshop.