Ich bin gerade
unterwegs auf Reisen
Mein nächstes Reiseziel:Portugal - von Jun 2020 bis Dez 2022 Alle anzeigen
I am a native Australian but also half-raised in the beautiful land of New Zealand. After turning 18 and finishing school I set off to Europe with one of my good friends. We spent our first months having an awesome time and eventually he went home and I stayed. Here I am almost 4 years later.
Here are my skills, hobbies and interests.
Playing and Creating Music -
- I love guitar, singing and also enjoy working whilst listening to music. This is one of my main passions in life. I perform in the street as my main source of income at the moment.
Gardening, Painting, Building, General Maintenance -
- I have worked in Croatia, Spain and Portugal as a labourer/handyman and am familiar with all power tools, the process of constructing and have learnt to repair or replace things that are broken. I also spent time in Portugal as a gardener and enjoy working around nature very much. I have experience in boat reconstruction and maintenance too.
Painting alongside gardening are my two strongest skills where I have most experience.
However, I am a tall strong male and have plenty of experience with heavy lifting and enjoy physically challenging work.
Tourism and Hospitality
- I am experienced in bar work, reception, promoting/flyering. Social work is enjoyable and I have no problem in big crowds.
Swimming and Sailing
- Being a competitive swimmer for 10 years, I have no problems being in the water and sometimes feel more comfortable being in than out. The Ocean is also another main passion in my life and I prefer to always be living near a body of water. During the winter of 2020/21 I was a crewmember on a Yacht and have learnt the basics of sailing and have a dream one day to own my own ship!
- I enjoy very much learning the language of the country I am residing in and so far I have learnt to speak Portugues to a good standard, French and Spanish respectively to a lower but equal level and also bits and pieces of Croatian and Czech. I am currently learning Portugues .
- Having to be resourceful over the last few years, I have also learnt to become creative with my skills in the kitchen. When I am not able to play music, I can find peace in cooking and very much enjoy talks in the kitchen. I have also worked in Restaurants as an assistant chef.
- In the future I am looking to further develop my skills in Photography after realising it goes hand in hand with travelling. This is undeniably another passion of mine. At the moment I am without my own camera but know my way around them and always happy to help take photos or videos.
- This is an ongoing, growing interest of mine and I love to meditate to find peace and stability whilst being on the road.
I am easy going, hard working and committed. Being friendly to everyone around me is important and I'm always happy to give or help where it's possible whilst trying to keep a smile on my face :)
InteressengebieteStrandNaturSegeln / BooteWassersportFitnessYoga / WellnessGartenarbeitenNachhaltigkeitTiereSprachenMusikVideoaufnahmenFotografieKochen & BackenLGBTQSelbstentwicklungGärtnern
Bereiche, die mich interessieren oder in denen ich anderen etwas beibringen kann
Interessiert mich:ÖkoprojekteKaritative ArbeitKunstprojekte
Bereits etwas Erfahrung vorhandenMithilfe auf einem BauernhofSprachpraxisUnterrichtenBabysitten und KinderbetreuungHilfe mit Computer /Internet
In der Lage, anderen etwas beizubringen:GartenarbeitenHeimwerker- und BauarbeitenHandwerkliche ArbeitenZubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die FamilieHausarbeitenBetreuung von TierenTourismus / Gastgewerbe
Was könntest du arbeiten?
Being a musician I love it when music brings people together and I always like Jamming with others while i'm on the guitar, singing or playing harmonica.
My main sport in School was swimming and I have been to the National level in Australia whilst also participating in Surf Life Saving squads in Noosa, QLD. I can board or swim comfortably in all waters and am a decent surfer.
I have experience in managing and organising events and staff. I treat everyone around me fairly and love it when we can all be friends at work as that benefits much more than if we aren't.
When I was working in hostels in Portugal and Czech Republic I enjoyed cooking for the guests every 2nd night and then sitting around playing games afterwards or going out to a bar. I also used to change the beds, mop floors and worked reception, including night shifts.
Photography is a newly discovered passion of mine and currently I am shooting on a nice 35mm film camera which I am planning on purchasing new lenses and expanding my knowledge of photography.
My qualifications include:
Australian and International Drivers License (car and motorbike)
Bronze Medallion surf life saving certificate
First aid and CPR
Etwas mehr Information
No requirements and no fuss when it comes to eating