01.01.2021 - 31.12.2021
unterwegs auf Reisen
Hello! My name is Danny and I was born and raised in the wonderful historic city of Nijmegen, but early on realized I'd like to see more of the world, to meet more people from over the world and to live in different places around the world.
During and after my study in Urban Planning and Design (a subject that still interests me a lot), I definitively decided that living only in the Netherlands was not for me. I moved to Australia and worked there for a while, and later a bit closer to home in the beautiful city of Berlin.
Since these travels, and while being home again in Nijmegen to help take care of a sick relative, I made good use of the extra time to purchase an old working van and repurpose it to a campervan. With the freedom that this van offers, I have been discovering the beautiful countryside closer to home in Europe, the Balkans and Greece. During this trip I also discovered that I do not only like to travel alone, as I have been sharing this latest experience with Marijn van der Pol. I think it is wonderful to travel by yourself and be completely free, to do as you please. But it is just as wonderful to share the experience with someone you love.
After having lived and worked together in Athens for a while, and with the Covid-pandemic breaking out, we decided to move closer to home, and via a slightly shortened route over water, through Italy, we moved back again to good-old Nijmegen. And whilst it is great to be back at home, and to see my old friends and family, there's this ever growing itch so move out again, to see places again!
The above is a brief summary of my last couple of years, but it doesn't tell a lot about myself and my hobbies so I will awkwardly plug in this final paragraph. Some of my interests and hobbies include: (political) history, architecture and design, photography, cooking, hiking, snorkeling, reading (mostly non-fiction) and playing boardgames. I'd also like to say that drawing is a hobby of mine, but there's no need to kid anyone (i.e. mostly myself) - it's on my ever to do list to pick up on this old hobby again.
If you want to know anything else, just let me know!
- Cooking: I started later on, but I have been making up for lost time by trying new recipes all the time.
- Gardening: I have been doing this from a young age, as we had a nice and large garden at the house I grew up in. My parents hated working on it however. As for myself, I have always found it a very relaxing and rewarding activity. There's still a lot for me to learn though, and I would be happy if I could!
- DIY/Carpentry: Until recently, I knew nothing about anything, but I learnt to build a campervan by watching videos on Youtube. Since then I realised that anyone (physically able) can create useful things, dwellings, furniture, whatever, with their own hands. I'm still learning though, but I love to learn more.
- If you need photographs for promotional material, websites, anything really, I'm more than happy to help you out with that as well. It's been a hobby of mine since I was about 10 years old and I always have camera gear with me.
- I really like taking care of all sorts of animals. We've always had large dogs at our house, so I know how to take care of those. On workaways, I worked with sheep, donkeys, horses, chickens and pigs. Other animals are lesser known territory to me, but I'd like to learn about them all! I love animals, any animal really (apart from ticks, they suck)!
- If you are having technical issues with your computer or internet, I'm happy to try and help out with some troubleshooting as I am quite handy with this. But please don't ask me to build an entire website or something like that, this is still on my to-learn-list.
Mehr Infos zu meinen Sprachinteressen
I'd love to learn the languages of the countries I visit.
I'd prefer to eat vegetarian