Argentinien, Belgien, Deutschland, Dänemark, Frankreich, Indonesien, Kolumbien, Malaysia, Mexiko, Neuseeland, Niederlande, Philippinen, Schweden
15.07.2019 - 01.06.2020
My name is Lika and I'm travelling around the world with my two kids (Vlad, 11, and Kolia, 8). We're into Couchsurfing (https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/andilka) and we've done some voluntary work before, but this year it's our first experience with workaway. We would like to meet new amazing people and make a difference to the world we live in. Sharing cultures is so important, we hope to learn about different cultures and to tell you about ours! We are really excited about meeting new people on our way!
I love travelling, animals and languages. Throughout my life, I've worked as a veterinary assistant, a translator, a camp counselor and an English teacher. I also organised independent charity projects in my town (we sold kids' clothes to help orphans) and took part in similar projects. I love dealing with animals, especially dogs, cats and horses. I just love riding horses! I used to go yachting when I was younger, so I hope I can remember it in case it's needed. For the last three years, I worked as an English teacher in a Montessori school for kids aged 6-9 and I really enjoyed it! At that school, I was also teaching arts & crafts, cartoon-making and cooking and it was a truly great experience! Apart from Russian and English, I can speak some Spanish (I hope to improve it during our travel!) and Czech.
Vlad and Kolia are homeschoolers so they learn from the world around us. Vlad loves computers, programming and science, he's pretty good at English and can help with a lot of things. Kolia is only learning English but he's also very helpful. They both love animals (pets and farm animals!), board games and travelling.
We all are left-handers!
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Touristen
Hilfe bei Kunstprojekten
Hilfe mit Computer / Internet
I think we can help with practically anything, depending on what you need.
I can help with:
- animals (walking, grooming, play, veterinary assistance of any difficulty)
- teaching English (I have vast esperience of teaching English to different age groups and I have some of my teaching materials with me) or Russian as I'm a native speaker
- teaching anything else that I can do (a wide range of handicrafts, cartoon-making, cooking, horse-riding etc)
- baby-sitting, playing with kids, being a group leader in a camp
- cooking (I have experience of cooking for 40-50 people for a few weeks in a row), including non-vegetarian, vegetarian and vegan cooking for different groups of people
- farming/gardening (I have my own garden back home!)
- renovation/art project/cleaning
- paperwork/computer work
- I have a driving license so I can help with driving a car
- I can learn fast, so if I haven't mentioned something it doesn't mean I can't do it! Just ask me!
The kids can help with easier things like cleaning, simple cooking, looking after animals or kids who are younger than them. They are also fast learners with helpful minds ;-)
Russian, English, Spanish, Czech
We are travelling with our own tent, inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags so we can sleep there if you have space where to put a tent. Otherwise, we can share a double-size bed for three of us or even sleep on the floor!
We can stick to whatever diet you have, but we can't have too spicy or too artificial food (Vlad has issues with his pancreas so we have to be careful).