At the moment we cannot accept new volunteers until end of December.
We are a German family and since 20 years we have a finca of 1,3 ha with Aloe Vera , fruit trees, olive- and almond-trees in the mountains near Malaga. We have also planted many more trees : since last year we are transforming the finca into a permaculture-designed fruit-forest.
From our finca you have a magnificent view of the mountain-range and the Mediterranian sea. Our life-style is very simple, we live in small wooden houses and caravans.
We welcome all people who like to really work hard and lead a disciplined, ethical life. At the moment specially who have solid experience , irrigation-systems building/ eco-construction , tiling, woodwork and/ or permaculture garden-work
Please bring your own towels, working clothes, working Shortes, a water bottle and a torch.
You work 5 hours per day, 5 days a week, breaks are extra. Cleaning of the common areas is additional, 1 hour daily on working-days.
Vegan living Food
We have changed to live fully raw vegan recently and like that our guests do the same as long as they live with us.
- We offer one prepared raw-vegan meal a day. For dinner and on Sundays everyone is responsible for himself. Food from the garden is free. Our finca-store is open twice a week.
We have salad and vegetables from the garden, fruit we have to buy mostly, except figs in August/ September, there are plenty.
The cook should be concentrated on spiritual music or spiritual thoughts during cooking ( as this has a big influence on health and our meditations). Only the deputed cook and his helper are allowed in the kitchen and store-room. Food is served in the living-room area and on the terrace.
Every caravan and house is supplied with water, dishes, water-boilers and electricity.
People who want to change their diet and would like to know more about vegetarian/vegan food are very much welcome.
we are about to set up a program for teaching mindfulness to our guests: Stay focused in the present moment and do everything concentrated and with love: eating, walking, working....We consider it a very helpful tool for happy living and preparation to meditation.
Yoga and meditation
We have one strawbale-house, which is serving as a yoga-and community -house. Hannes is a yoga-teacher and is giving lessons in yoga and meditation to our working-guests once a week. This is also a mindfulness-training.
We ourselves are practicing the meditation on inner Light and Sound. We have a spiritual teacher who lives in India.
(We do not like Reiki, as it involves mental powers and is resulting in karmic burdens)
- We make music- guitar and sitar, tablas ( Indian drums), Esraj and harmonium, - and sometimes we play together with our guests..
Once a week we meet in our yogahouse for singing soiritual songs together.
In our kitchen we often listen to Classical Indian music.
-We very much like a loving communcation between the people and a harmonious atmosphere. Respect and thankfulness should be basic attitudes.
- There are group- meetings of training "Nonviolent communication" ( NVC, according to Marshall Rosenberg)) or so-called "empathetic communication" on a weekly base. This is very helpful for keeping harmony in a relation or group.
Sustainability of transport:
Inspired by our son MIchael who is studying "Sustainable tourism", we ask you to come to us in the most sustainable way possible, of course you cannot walk over the ocean:) But there have been people who came by bicycle from Belgium or Berlin to Andalucia, one man came walking from Denmark and he goes on walking to Tanzania, it is Charlie "Walking for water".
Special rules of the finca:
- We expect the people to live vegan on the finca, no smoking,drugs or alcohol.
- The first half time of our common meals we do not talk, so to eat more mindful and enjoy the food better.
- We do not take responsibility for any health- issues or accidents happening on the finca.
- You should have your own health-insurance.
- As we use our grey water for the irrigation of trees, please bring along only natural soaps and shampoos, thanks.
-If you do not stay longer than three weeks we ask you to bring your own sleeping bag, so that we do not need to wash so many bed-sheets, as we have to be very careful with our water-reserves.
-If you like to work less than the required hours or cannot work due to some reason there are special agreements which can be talked in a skype-interview.
-Respectful clothes please in all common areas and at work.
We have a daily working-meeting after breakfast before working, please be on time.
For developing nearness with our guests it is essential and expected that you take also part in our programs and group-meetings, such as yoga, music, heart-sharing-circles and spiritual conversations.
- We want to have a short skype-talk with you before you book your stay.
- On the first day there will a personal introduction-interview for every new-comer for explaining everything.
We want to keep a high standard of hygiene.
- All our working guests are together responsible for the tidyness of the kitchen and common places and the time of the cleaning is not included in the working hours ( see above). The kitchen is to be broomed and wet-cleaned daily.
- We have one week for mutual trying out, if it is ok for you to be here. ( German "Probezeit")
you can give us your laundry and we will wash it with the machine at the required temperature. We only use natural soaps for washing. You can also wash by hand is you like.
- Please respect the calmness of the place and do not put loud music publicly ( only with earphones).
- We have cats, so please do not bring dogs along.
- We have good internet-speed via cable and just one old laptop available for guests. So better bring your own laptop
- We have a special internet-caravan which has also wifi, but only at certain hours of the day and guests should only use
t h i s place for internet ( not the kitchen-and livingroom-area!
If you are interested to visit us, please copy-paste and answer to the following questionnaire, that's really useful for us:
Questionnaire for volunteers:
-When would you wish to come and with which transport ?
-How long do you wish to stay ?
-Do you have physical or mental health problems that you think would be helpful to communicate?
-Have you a health insurance that can cover you in Spain?
- Please confirm that you are yourself responsible for any health-problems or accidents occuring during your stay on the finca.
-Are you vegetarian/ vegan?
-Are you a smoker?
-We have caravans for the guests and compost toilets. Can you adjust to this simple conditions of living?
-Any information you might think useful to communicate?
- Are you ok with our rules ?
-What are your complete name, email, skype and telephone ? ( no obligation to write, but would facilitate communication with you)
The following questions are just to know a little bit more about you , feel free to answer or not :
-What are your hobbies?
- What has most importance in your life?
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
As is written above you can learn a lot about simple life, eco-gardening, cooking of vegan food, spiritual music, yoga, meditation and empathetic communication. You can train your English, German , less of Spanish.
If there are permaculture-courses or other courses for example on eco-building, music etc. by other teachers than us, you can take part for reduced conditions.
- We like you to stay minimum 2 weeks or more, less is only exception for specialist people on special projects.
- Please keep us informed about your plans, especially if they change. We get many request and some people take their time in reacting.
We expect you to make a maximum of 25 hours per week in exchange of lodging and good food.
There are special conditions for those who want to volunteer less, please email us.
Several caravans and 2 wooden houses
We can pick you up at the bus-station "Burger King" in Rincon de La Victoria or in Chilches at the coast-road. We will send to you an exact description how to reach there.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
5hours, 5 days a week plus sharing the cleaning of common places
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: