You are welcome until August 20 and from middle of October till end of November 2019.
During July 15 to 30 you can take part in natural building and clay-plastering.
During October/ November we will prepare and do 4 Permaculture-courses on the finca in which you can take part and learn a lot about water-retention, water-recycling( constructed wetland), permaculture-gardening.
We will not take any volunteers from August 20 to October 15, 2019.
also not between Dec.1 and January 8, 2020.
At the moment we really need strong hands for ground-work and planting trees, reforestation! Also for installing solar-systems for heating and building wooden houses!
We also offer places for long-term helpers who want to be trained in permaculture!
We are a German family and since 19 years we have a finca of 1,3 ha with Aloe Vera , fruit trees, olive- and almond-trees in the mountains near Malaga. We have also planted many more trees : since last year we are transforming the finca into a permaculture-designed fruit-forest.
From our finca you have a magnificent view of the mountain-range and the Mediterranian sea. Our life-style is very simple, we live in small wooden houses and caravans.
We welcome all people who like to really work and at the moment specially who have solid experience in solar-systems, irrigation-systems building/ eco-construction , tiling, woodwork and/ or permaculture garden-work
Please bring your own towels, working clothes, working shoes, a water bottle and a torch.
Vegan living Food
- We live mostly raw vegan ( except in cold times in winter) and do meditation (for ourselves and with you if you want). We also welcome people who want to eat raw-vegan.
- We offer one simple vegan meal a day if wanted. For breakfast and dinner everybody can serve himself from the storage and fridge. We have salad and vegetables from the garden, fruit we have to buy mostly, except figs in August/ September, there are plenty.
We provide very healthy organic food so people who want to change their diet and would like to know more about vegetarian/vegan food are very much welcome.
we are about to set up a program for teaching mindfulness to our guests: Stay focused in the present moment and do everything concentrated and with love: eating, walking, working....We consider it a very helpful tool for happy living and preparation to meditation.
Yoga and meditation
We have one newly-built strawbale-house, which is now serving as a yoga-and community -house. Hannes is a yoga-teacher and is giving lessons in yoga and meditation to our working-guests once a week. This is also a mindfulness-training.
(We do not like Reiki, as it involves mental powers and is resulting in karmic burdens)
- We make music- guitar and sitar, flute, harmonium, - and sometimes we play together with our guests..
Once a week we meet in our yogahouse for singing together.
We very much like a loving communcation beween the people and a harmonious atmosphere.
- There are now group- meetings of training "Nonviolent communication" ( NVC, according to Marshall Rosenberg)) or so-called "empathetic communication" on a weekly base ( optional). This is very helpful for keeping harmony in a relation or group.
Sustainability of transport:
Inspired by our son MIchael who is studying "Sustainable tourism", we ask you to come to us in the most sustainable way possible, of course you cannot walk over the ocean:) But there have been people who came by bicycle from Belgium or Berlin to Andalucia, one man came walking from Denmark and he goes on walking to Tanzania, it is Charlie "Walking for water".
Special rules of the finca:
- We expect the people to live vegan on the finca, no smoking or alcohol.
- The first half time of our common meals we do not talk, so to eat mor mindful and enjoy the food better.
- We do not take responsibility for any health- issues or accidents happening on the finca.
- You should have your own health-insurance.
- As we use our grey water for the irrigation of trees, please bring along only natural soaps and shampoos, thanks.
If you like to help less than the required hours there are special agreements which can be talked in a skype-interview.
- On the first day there will a personal introduction-interview for every new-comer for explaining everything.
We want to keep a high standard of hygiene.
- All our working guests are together responsible of the tidyness of the kitchen and commun places and the time of the cleaning is not included in the working hours. The kitchen is to be broomed and wet-cleaned daily.
- On Saturday mornings there is a commun cleaning action to pass on the knowledge of how to do it .
- On the first day there will a personal introduction-interview for every newcomer.
- Please respect the calmness of the place and do not put loud music publicly ( only with earphones).
- We have cats, so please do not bring dogs along.
- We have good internet-speed via cable ( wifi on request) andjust one old laptop available for guests. So better bring your own laptop
- We have a special internet-caravan which has also wifi and guests should only use t h i s place for internet ( not the kitchen-and livingroom-area!)
Before reserving read also down under "Help"
If you are interested to visit us, please copy-paste and answer to the following questionnaire, that's really useful for us:
Questionnaire for volunteers:
-When would you wish to come ?
-How long do you wish to stay ?
-Do you have physical or mental health problems that you think would be helpful to communicate?
-Have you a health insurance that can cover you in Spain?
- Please confirm that you are yourself responsible for any health-problems or accidents occuring during your stay on the finca.
-Are you vegetarian/ vegan?
-Do you eat only raw?
-Are you a smoker?
-We have caravans for the guests and compost toilets. Can you adjust to this simple conditions of living?
-Any information you might think useful to communicate?
- Are you ok with our rules ?
-What are your complete name, email, skype and telephone ? ( no obligation to write, but would facilitate communication with you)
The following questions are just to know a little bit more about you , feel free to answer or not :
-What are your hobbies?
- What has most importance in your life?
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
As is written above you can learn a lot about simple life, eco-gardening, cooking of vegan food - mostly raw, spiritual music, yoga, meditation and empathetic communication. You can train your English, German , less of Spanish.
- We like you to stay minimum 2 weeks or more, less is only exception for specialist people on special projects.
- Please keep us informed about your plans, especially if they change. We get many request and some people take their time in reacting.
We expect you to make a maximum of 25 hours per week in exchange of lodging and good food.
There are special conditions for those who want to volunteer less, please email us.
German, English, French, Spanisch
Several caravans and 2 wooden houses
We can pick you up at the bus-station "Burger King" in Rincon de La Victoria. We will send to you an exact description how to reach there.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
4 hours, 6 days a week or 5 hours, 5 days a week