Bisher 839 mal gespeichert
Hello workawayer. We would like to invite you to our home, an old, large, historic house at Nesodden, a peninsula near by Oslo.
We would need some help during spring and summer 2022 with a range of projects, mainly outdoors;
- The construction of a new studio, a reconstruction of the original stable from 1875. We begin this work taking down the original stable. If you have carpentry skills, some knowledge about plumbing and electricity work it would be great.
- a part of the house need some scraping and a new layer of fresh paint.
- a small deforestation project where the trees will be used for building some fences in the garden.
- moving 120 meters of the the existing fence surrounding the property.
- take down and move a tiny 4 square meter cabin, and moving / building some new fences.
- building some tables and benches for a wedding.
- and perhaps also a nice place for the wedding ceremony.
- some general help with gardening and growing vegetables at spring and summertime.
- we would also be happy with help finishing the project of building a three house, building a greenhouse, as well as extending a small tool shed.
If you are handy and like being outside working, then you are the people we are looking for.
And if you know anything about carpentry, mechanics, plumbing or electrician related work, it is always welcoming!
Handy people with excellent cooking skills would be a dream ;)
We would like to invite 4-6 people joining us for the work spring / summer 2022. Preferably couples, but absolutely not required.
We appreciate people with a variety of work experience, practical skilled, handy, positive thinking, well organized and not afraid of getting dirt on your hands. Preferably couples and adult workawayers.
We look forward to invite you to our home for a cultural exchange!
I work as an interior and garden designer, wedding planner, stylist for real estate, used to be a fashion designer, and have been self-employed since 1999.
I´m practical skilled, hard working and not afraid of a challenge, creative and productive, and have a wide range of experience.
I have three sons: Emil, 32, who lives in the north of Norway, and Oliam (17) and Agaton (14), who spend one week of two here with me. They all speaks fluently English .
Animals that lives here at the moment is 7 koi fish in a fish pond.
The name of our house in English means peaceful living. The house has been pictured in a range of interior magazines, and beside being a private home it often serves as a location for weddings, film making and photo shooting.
Beside general keeping of the yard and house I always have some projects going on.
Since 2013 we have hosted 2-6 workawayers between April to December, some of them became friends for life.
Among many things we painted the main house and finished the main part of the yard. We have built a chicken coop, a quail coop and a fish pond. In 2015 and 2018 we finished a landscaping project, built fences out of branches and added 150 tons of stones, gravels and soil. Lately we had a deforestation project.
I used to arrange "huskonserter", intimate music events featuring local and nationally recognized artists, but so far this year I have no plans for cultural events.
We are easy going people and love to meet new people.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
We can offer you a nice and peaceful place to stay, with the forest right outside the fence great for hiking, several lakes to go swimming, or you can go for a swim in the Oslofjord just 5 minutes walk from the house. Wake up with the only sound of birds singing. Go for a visit in the capital Oslo close by, or the cozy small town Drøbak with the tiny streets with tiny yards full of roses and with old tiny wooden houses. We even have some caves in the neighborhood, close to our house.
The Norwegian summers are bright, nice and (often) warm with daylight in June from 3am until 1am, and with the most beautiful sunsets. Swimming in the lakes or in the Oslo fjord right outside the door is just amazing. The water temperature might reach 20-22 dg celcius in July/August, but the air might change from 35 - 15 degrees within just a few hours.. So bring clothes for all type of weather.. :)
Often we spend the evenings in the yard around the campfire, so welcome to bring your guitar if you have one :)
The autumn and the winter frost, is also very beautiful. And during the winter we have to deal with a lot of snow, and are of course doing winter sports. They say that Norwegians are born with skis on their feet, well, sometimes we might go skiing.. Cross country skiing or downhill, or just go outside playing in the snow. We also like to go ice skating on the frozen lake next to the house.
We look forward to invite you to our home for a cultural exchange! We love to interact with our guests, and get to know new people. We will show you around the neighborhood, and of course do our best to make you feel comfortable.
We appreciate adults (age 22 - 60) with a variety of work experience, practical skilled, handy, positive thinking, self going, well organized and not afraid of getting dirt on your hands. Physically strong and with good mental health.
We often (not always) prefer workawayers who come as a couple because most likely they will offer a greater array of skills between them, and tend to operate as a self-sufficient unit, organizing their free-time together and keeping each other company.
Some general type of help required from travelers :
- gardening and growing vegetables
- scraping and new paint on some small spots on the main house
- stonework: building a tiny patio
- building some fences out of branches
- planting fruit trees
- carpentry: helping with construction of a studio, a reconstruction of the original stable building
- carpentry: helping with finishing the tree house (if a person with some good carpentry skills would come by)
- carpentry: Helping with extending a small shed with 6 m2 (if a person with some good carpentry skills would come by)
- carpentry: Help building an outdoor kitchen
- carpentry: Take down and rebuild a tiny 4 sqm cabin.
- helping building a wood fired pizza oven
- plumbing (if a plumber would come by)
- remove the paint from the door of the gypsy wagon
- cleaning up the sheds, and organize the tool shed
- cleaving a smaller amount of wood with a machine and piling it.
- general maintenance
- help with building a new website, digital marketing and some social media expertise would be great..
- wash the walls and ceilings inside the main house
- wash windows
- and cleaning up, just some general help in making the yard and garden look nice during the year.
We work for 5 effective hours 5 days a week, normally from 9 am to 3 pm, with lunch at 12:00-13:00. You will have the weekends off.
If a volunteer wants to extend the weekend by having Friday off, this can be arranged after asking for permission minimum 3 days before, and of course with an agreement of making up the hours at another time.
Similarly there may be projects which have to be finished the same day, even though this means staying on a little longer than usual.
I will have a clear idea of the activities to be done, perhaps even in the form of “To Do checklist”, and have everything in place so that volunteers are clear about what needs to be done and have all the necessary tools and materials.
If you are a handyman / handy woman and have good carpentry skills I would be happy! :)
Volunteers must be willing to do whatever needs doing.
• We will provide normal food such as veggies, beans and lentils, fruit, pasta, rice, bread, cheese, coffee, tea, and of course other daily used ingredients. We don´t eat very much meat or fish, we love vegetables but are not vegetarians :)
• We do not provide a lot of meat or seafood, nor either special dietary requirements or organic food only, not candies, alcohol or juice / pope. This is because this in general is quite expensive in Norway.
• Dinner preparation / laying the table and washing up will be seen as a shared responsibility after work assigned via a rota system.
• Keeping the house clean and tidy will be seen as a shared responsibility after work. Once (or twice if necessary) a week we will spend about an hour vacuuming, dusting and cleaning up the main house.
• Some days we will be giving our helpers supplies and leaving them to put their own meals together as and when they prefer. We provide food, but as you see it doesn’t necessarily mean preparing it.
To be honest I'm not the type who likes to spend a lot of time cooking when I have other projects going on, so if you like cooking I would be really happy for all help! :)
The weather can change fast in Norway, and some rain and cold days won´t stop our projects :) So it would be smart bringing some clothes that can meet all kinds of weather :)
House rules / etiquette:
• The work days last for 5 hours. Starting at 9:00 am Lunch 11:30 - 12:30 Finish at 3:00 pm. No personal work such as emails, phone calls or surfing the net during the work hours. If required, of course we can make an agreement .
• Domestic responsibilities: Everyone share the cooking, as well as the cleaning of the shared rooms. Always clean up after use and leave the shared rooms spotless.
• No smoking inside the house or your private room.
• Cigarette butts MUST be thrown away in the designated container only!
• Pets are not allowed.
• The Workawayers are responsible for keeping the peace at our home.
• Any consumption of alcohol must be contained at a responsible level. No drugs.
• Clearing up after using materials.
• Taking shoes off indoors
• Asking permission before using or borrowing something.
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Sprachaustausch an
My son Agaton (age 14) would love to get some help learning Spanish language .
One of the nice rooms inside the house, or the quiet and peaceful cabin in the yard, or a cozy old caravan or perhaps the gypsy wagon.
- free wifi
- Shared kitchen and bathroom
- Access to a food preparation/kitchen area.
- Access to a washing machine.
- No limits on energy/water consumption.
When you have time off:
Nesodden is a peninsula in the inner Oslo fjord.
You can visit Oslo, less than one hour from the centre by bus/boat.
My old historic house is nice for chilling, it´s located at the west side with sun from morning to late evening. View to the fjord and pond in front of the house.
Go for a walk in the forest behind the house, and enjoy a swim in the pond in the forest with so clean water.
Relaxing, beautiful garden with room for private escapes.
My house can serve as a place to spend relaxing days, and as the base for outings to Oslo, Drøbak, Tusenfryd amusement park, or the Oscarsborg fortress in Drøbak.
It's a quite neighborhood with food stores about 2,5 km from the house.
16 km with bus to Drøbak, a popular holiday destination with beaches and a charming city center. Small soccer field.
42 km and 50 min with car to the center of Oslo. Frequent bus and boat service to Oslo, and a few times a day to Drøbak.
You can also visit the caves of Spro / Spro-gruvene just around the corner.
I will recommend visiting Hellviktangen art café at Nesodden, with delicious organic food in beautiful relaxing environment. And maybe enjoy a swim by the sand beach if you like!
We have several beaches nice for swimming in the Oslo fjord. Midsummer the water might reach 23 degrees celsius.
You can reach all this with bus or/and boat.
Go for a walk in the woods! Swim in the Oslo fjord!
Or go kayak paddling, paddle boarding or fishing in the fjord.
Go skiing wintertime, we always have a lot of snow during the winter.
Or go skating on the pond.
And believe it or not, the Norwegian summers are so green and sometimes hot! Or not so hot! You never know.. :)
Fitness center at Fagerstrand, 2,5 km.
Bring your bicycle or rent one in Oslo
Or just relax..
The bus stop is only 3-4 minutes walk from the house. Bus stop: "Søndre Spro"
Corresponding bus and boat to Oslo takes 1 hour, price NOK 59 one way.
In the weekends you can catch the last boat from Oslo to Nesodden at 3:30 am
For more information about things to do, visit the websites of Visitoslo, Visitdrobak, Visitfollo, Tusenfryd (only in Norwegian) and the Oscarsborg Fortress!
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Dieser Gastgeber bietet Platz für Wohnmobile.
Dieser Gastgeber ist bereit, Reisende mit Haustieren bei sich aufzunehmen.
mehr als zwei
5 hours/day, 5 days/week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: