Hi I'm taking carte of my angel with autism . We live together in an appart.
I try many terapies with him , at the beginning I tried to do many tasks in a row, preparing the recepies for his diet and his detox, preparing the activities, working with him the natural play therapy session to work on his development skills, work on his independent skills, do Padovan exercises, prepare the meals take him to his thearapy sessions, to the sport club, take him to school.. In the end of trying to be a supernatural I had a burn out And I couldn't do this all by my self.. 😨😨 I needed a break and an experience that can inspire me and make a big change in our daily life!
This experience offers me alot of opportunities , one of them is to meet other people from Worldwide who can inspire me to be a better person and to explore more horizons that can help us to continue fighting ,second This lifestyle offers a lot of flexibility to me and bring a balance to my life . Also as I love traveling and hearing stories about new cultures , it was an amazing experience . Since the last year, I had the pleasure of hosting many people through many websites from worldwide .
This year I joined workaway because I want to meet people who loves volunteering and can stay for long period ( minimum a week or 2 weeks) and help us in our dialy life. All travelers who stayed with us before throughother similuar platforms they did for a very short period of time .
So If one of you is excited to travel to Morocco and join us with an autistic boy, you are very welcomed in our house
I'm Siham I have ( biology degree from university) who loves adventure, archeology , swimming, likes to explore news things...I'm very very quiet but I can be very talkative when the conversations contain some of my interests , I like literature , reading books , playing guitar, Andalusian music) and Hlussam who have autism likes swimming, playing ball ball ball ball .
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
- I would like to show you how life is like in Morocco, to make you discover our traditions, music, food , architecture and many other things in the moroccan culture.
- Our volunteers are welcome to stay from two weeks to a month .
- You will have the opportunity to discover our Moroccan spices and all special meals because I can cook some healthy food mad from the fresh local rural products.
- I can hang out with you if we can and show you around in Tetouan city and towns nearby.
- In sundays I sometimes chill out in the Hamam you can come with me it's an authentic experience , however some weekends I just like to have my home day to chill and have my one time for my self , so it's a day without cooking . You can also go every week-end to visit other Moroccan cities nearby.
- I can also help you organize a very cheap trips to other cities not that far away from our town by giving you recommendations .
- You can have the opportunity to learn Darija, Arabic and French , I'm Talkative and also like to hear about other people's life, culture and experiences ( I passed a part of my childhood as a british kid with a moroccan background raised by an uncle from pakistan 😊 I have a lot to tell you about my intresting childhood) so we can have intresting conversations .
- Making a small changes in Houssam's daily life and seeing his progress can inspire you and gives you an opportunity to feel a sincere rejoicing and pride.
- Practice being creative and trying out new and exciting ways of introducing new games.
- in our daily life we need to be detectives and find out what houssam's motivations are, what makes him over stimulated, what makes him over excited and anxious... what happened before and after his behaviour , so I think every moment is an opportunity to discover something new about our child and about the autism mystery that can be a new opportunity to learn .
- you will have the opportunity to enjoy houssam's joy and excitement for simple things in life like watching a water fall or just having a shower ,the way he express his happiness is one of the most beautiful things that happens in my life ,and also most volunteers enjoy it .
Dieses Projekt schließt möglicherweise den Umgang mit Kindern ein. Mehr Informationen findest du in unseren Verhaltensregeln und Tipps hier.
I'm looking forward to meet volunteer who can share some moments of joy and help me to find a balance in our home .
If you have any skills in one of these areas:
- Sport for special need children (swimming or playing football, ping pong ... ).
- ABA , Teach , Pecs , functional neurology , Padovan , or any other thechniques that could help him to be more independent and happy.
- I would like to make recycling and reuse of objects to create tools and objects that we can use in our therapies
- Make Houssam's room more peaceful to help him reduce the amount of anxiety,
- help me to learn new ways for relaxation and perhaps yoga if it can help .
- I would appreciate a hand in creating a beautiful and calm environment. It could be a creative experience for both.
-I'm also interested on music therapy.
- Houssam is still nonverbal, he can say some few words. To help him communicate, we have already started with him a communication aid book and we use PECS. However he can understand and interact in his own way. It's important to learn some arabic words the first three days when you come if the help you are offering is interacting with Houssam, I can help you to learn some fews Arabic words so he can understand you when you play with him ( for example the word ball..)
- He likes to play ball, to swim, to jump in gym ball or trampoline, to play with playdoo and he loves tickling ,massage games, and hearing songs.
- I would like a help in cleaning the house or cooking.
- help on preparing some tools in the computer.
The volunteer will have a private room.
If we have an other volunteer you can share the room we have two beds - one double bed and single -
An access to a shared bathroom, and a rest room.
We eat breakfast and lunch together .
We usually don't eat dinner - depend on our mood or the season 😁-
I can cook traditional Moroccan food for lunch and you can learn how to prepare by helping me and I have a book in English that you can read the recipies and instructions.
😋😋 Moroccan food is delicious
To give you a little glimpse into our daily life :
Usually we get up in the morning at 8 : 00 , get ready and after we eat breakfast , take Houssam to school. *️️️️️️️️️️ for two hours *️️️️️️️️️️
we can hang out in the morning while houssam is in the school. If I don't have work.
And we can discuss your time of break because you help us just 5 hours or 4 depending if you are very fast on the tasks you are helping with some of the volunteers did 3 hours 😁 .
- we bring Houssam from school .
- we start Houssam's brain balance / padovan exercises after his nape(Houssam take a nape of maximum 20 min). Sometimes he is energetic he don't. Then we do the excercises for 15 minutes.
He goes to therapy sessions three times a week.
We take dinner at 7 pm and try to put Houssam to bed at 9 pm .
All volunteers that we receive need to bring a copy of passport for your security, a house shoes .
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️More informations about the Tetouan city and cities nearby :
I live in Tetouan city me and Houssam, the city is surrounded by beautiful beaches and 60 kilometers from the blue city ''Chefchaoun''..
- Just a 10 minutes drive away from Tétouan city there is a beautiful beach where you can swim and contemplate a wonderful sunset, 30 minutes drive away you can visit Ceuta and Jbel Tarik Mountain .
Also ifbyou like hiking there are beautiful views from the mountains nearby.
- 2 hours away you find Assilah a charming town with blue and White old Medina with many beautiful things to discover art craft and handy made artisanal products art , Museum.. etc.
- Tetouan is half an hour drive from Tangier where there is the airport , also you can discover many things in this big city.. Every year there is a jazz festival called "Tanjazz".
- Travelling to our house from the airport:
The quickest and most convenient is via CTM bus from Tangier to Tetouan or big taxis.
This is the Ctm bus website :
to get from the airport to the Ctm bus ? You will find big Taxis in the airport 150 dh to take you to tangier downtown .
If you are in south Morocco and coming to north you can also use the train ,this is the train company's website :
P. S : we've already experienced hosting people from a different countries and backgrounds, it's a beautiful experience , we shared a lots of beautiful things . We are open minded but we ask volunteers to not smoke or drink alcool at home .
Thank you so much .
Much love and respect , I wish you a wonderful experience in our house ❤❤.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week