Are you interested in spending some time in a tropical paradise? We are Canadians who live full time in the Kingdom of Tonga, which is in the beautiful South Pacific!
We are looking for help with gardening and landscaping our beautiful property and some smaller construction projects Looking for people with experience that don't need a lot of direction would be ideal. Couples may be ok, depending on skills and experience.
- You can get direct flights to Tonga from many countries including New Zealand, Australia and Fiji...
- We live off grid, on an island, very remote, peaceful and extremely beautiful. Our property is located right on the beach, with stunning views in a protected lagoon...
- You would stay in one of our fales (set up like a hotel room, with bed, chair, table, etc.) or in our tent by the beach. You will share our kitchen facilities and outdoor washroom facilities. We will cook your meals each day unless you prefer to cook your own...
- You would help five hours a day on one of our projects or anything else which may be required, in exchange for room and board.
- Please note the following:
- we use solar power and generator
- we have laundry services available
- we have internet available
- and we'll provide all of your basic needs.
When you're not working, you are free to do your own thing... Hiking, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Whale Watching, Diving, Fishing, Tongan Feasts, Botanical Gardens, visiting the nearest town by boat, etc...
We are looking for people who will respect our privacy as needed. Someone who is friendly, enjoys the simple things in life and is hard working...
Our preference is for non-smokers. And, due to our remote location and limited foodstuffs available in Tonga, it's very difficult to cater to people with any special dietary needs.
We look forward to hearing from you soon... Cindy and Barry
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Nearby to our place is Hunga Village, the largest outer island village in Vava'u. The locals are friendly and always keen to talk to foreigners and hear about their travels. They will also show you their plantations, invite you to church or to sit and drink kava.
We have gardening and construction projects.
- you should be familiar and comfortable with using a lawnmower, string trimmer and maybe a chainsaw
- pulling weeds, clearing and raking
- construction projects are fairly basic, should be familiar with carpentry power tools and hand tools
- also some bush work, cutting trees, maintaining the fence and trimming bush along fence line
English, a little bit of Spanish
- You would stay in one of our fales, set up like a hotel room, with bed, chair, table, OR you may be in a tent (depending on availability of fales). You would share our kitchen facilities and outdoor washroom facilities. We will cook you three meals each day unless you prefer to cook your own...
- You would work five hours a day on one of our projects or anything else which may be required, in exchange for room and board.
- The rest of the time you are free to do your own thing. Hiking, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Whale Watching, Diving, Fishing, Kart Safaris, Tongan Feasts, Botanical Gardens, visiting the nearest town by boat, etc...
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
5 hours per day, 5 days a week...