Favorito 288 vezes
YES, we are back! Plus, YES, we had a lengthy 3+ year break from hosting as part of travelling ourselves, plus the COVID interruption.
Since re-joining in late February 2022, we had a good number of volunteers with us from various networks and all up plenty of fun while getting great enhancement/beautification projects on property & natural surrounding completed.
Our project offers a serene homestay at a tranquil, forested, 3-acre (12,900sqm) abode on the Southern Gold Coast, boasting wonderfully rich wildlife and so much more. It is close to everything a great cosmopolitan city with some of the world's best beaches, social life, plus historic Gondwana rainforest hinterland can offer.
Our accommodation offers include 2 comfortable bedrooms with queen-size beds… plus a couple of luxury tent setups that are highly fancied semi-clamping style and proved very popular in the past, as they surely do now again.
We are the perfect place for mature, pro-active, responsible, clean & honest travellers that love the good & conscious life but don’t mind getting their hands dirty if required while wishing to stay at a quality homestay assisting us in various tasks as listed:
- DIY home-building projects & property maintenance. Looking for folks with good experience in this field, including the use of associated tools
- Landscaping. Looking for folks with experience and great creative skills in transforming landscapes beautifully.
- Gardening. Looking for that person with the magic touch called a ‘green thumb’ when it comes to understanding gardens, plants, and natural environments in a very practical sense.
When applying with us, pls list your individual skills, strengths & preferably also weaknesses, things you are looking for, et al, so we get a good idea of who you are and how your possible stay can best be accommodated for the benefit of all parties involved.
We are flexible in regard to conditions & exchange hours but would think that 20 hours a week for the rooms plus 15 hours per week for the tents for dual accom is a good exchange guide. Single accom will likely add 5 hours per week to that.
We used to have a good number of great folks with us in the 'old days' (2015-2019), from various networks, and really enjoyed the experience as we enjoy good company plus the sharing of quality time enriching each other's life experiences.
We are also a perfect base for people using us as their entry point to Australia, incl finding jobs locally or in the country, and depending on skills, there may even be some money to be earned here as well.
We are a fit & energetic older couple with the following background:
- Rene, 66yo, Swiss origin, Architect/Photographer/Traveller.
- Julie, 62yo, Philippine origin, Chef/Traveller.
With most of the earlier days' heavy lifting on structural projects done, our current projects are more in the fine-tuning of details plus maintaining sensible balances where required.
Based on our location, having your own transport will enhance your mobility, but we are more than happy to assist you with getting around, incl being picked up & delivered back on departure to public transport links. No probs at all!
We offer a varied & healthy cuisine that can cater to any tastes & preferences and invite visitors to join in creating lovely meals & dining experiences.
Pls note that our household is strictly non-smoking, no pets, and no bad behaviour. Thank you.
If our homestay offer has caught your attention in a positive way, plus you feel that based on outlined task & character requirements you fit the bill, then please feel most welcome to get in touch with us.
Wishing you all well always
Rene & Julie
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
We can offer interested volunteers an abundance of information, plus share quality time, as we are experienced hosts that had a good number of volunteers via a number of networks over the years. We are ourselves seasoned travellers with rich life experiences.
We can also offer assistance in finding work, travel & cultural info plus conduct regular sight-seeing trips to local attractions.
We are currently looking for volunteers that can assist us in beautification projects of home & garden, mainly involving DIY & building projects, landscaping & gardening. with IT-related stuff currently rather a sideline.
When applying with us, pls list your individual skills, strengths & weaknesses, things you are looking for, et al, so we get a good idea of who you are and how things can be worked out.
We currently offer 2 separate guest rooms in the main residence plus 2 popular clamping tents, as such will likely always have availabilities as we rarely fill them all.
> ETHICS, STANDARDS and OTHER INFO:
- We appreciate and respect your private space as we appreciate you will respect ours.
- We appreciate mature, well-mannered, honest, clean and orderly people that are used to living in shared living arrangements.
- We are a strictly non-smoking, no pets and no party place.
- The common language here is English, especially in mixed language presences. We appreciate your attention to that. Thank you!
- We can cater for both, Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians.
- As this is a very quiet area (beyond the sounds of the wildlife), we have a 9pm lock-down arrangement that can be extended on weekends or special occasions.
- We do offer regular sightseeing trips to local and regional highlights on a time exchange basis for those that stay with us as an added bonus as well as to balance work and pleasure.
- We are seasoned travellers plus lived here over 30 years! We offer free tips and information on a broad spectrum of travel & lifestyle-related topics you may find helpful.
- If you don’t have your own transport, we will make arrangements for drop-offs and pick-ups at the following locations depending on your arrival/departure method:
A) By air: GC Airport
B) By train from Brisbane: Varsity Lakes Station.
C) By bus: Pines Elanora Bus Station.
This service is free of charge for people that stay for at least 2 weeks. All shorter stays using that service incur a small time-exchange.
- Any other services you may require are done on an availability/time exchange basis.
- All photos on this profile are taken at our truly wonderful abode.
- We also have a long past owning and running Restaurants and Resorts, plus owning and managing Holiday Let`s. As such, we are used being around guests and visitors.
- We are located in an elevated and forested area of the southern Gold Coast with close proximity to all amenities such as beaches, shopping centres, plus even an international airport (Gold Coast) etc.
- We don’t mind being the official PO for our Volunteers… as these days that is standard. We pride ourselves in being most reliable & responsible with your mail directed to our address… even after you long departed. We’ll forward everything promptly, preferably in digital form.
- We have excellent unlimited NBN internet access at our home, being distributed within the premises via WIFI.
- We can assist you in purchasing a car, surfboard, finding paid jobs, et all.
Thanking you and looking forward to hearing from you!
Rene and Julie
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
We offer a great, peaceful & creative place for you, incl excellent unlimited internet.
Our property is at the end of a cul-de-sac in a peaceful & quiet street and there is plenty of space to park a campervan.
Mais de 2
Variable, 15-25 depending on accom type and single/double occupancy
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: