We are a family of four (18 month son + our dog) and are looking for a woman to babysit our son. We speak English, Spanish and French and are open to all cultures. We eat healthy, we are easy going people who love simple things.
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
We provide winter gear, flight from Edmonton to our town and travel benefits (cheap/free flights) to other towns around.
We speak English, Spanish and French and are open to all cultures. We eat healthy, we are easy going people who love simple things.
We live in a small town in the Northwest Territories... This means you will experience: aurora borealis, arctic winter game (mini olympic with other northern countries), extremely long summer days(midnight sun!), aboriginal culture and a bunch of outdoor activities!
If you want to experience Canada in a way not many will ever do in their life, msg in private!
We are looking for someone that can be here shortly and has experience as a babysitter, nanny or Au Pair or with a paid job (not only family/friends babysitting).
We would like someone tidy, mature and independant. We want someone that will be part of the parenting team not so much of a big sister... We are young so we will expect to treat you like a friend/family not like our grown up kid... That also means we'll include you in our activities, make you meet new people and we make it fun for all of us.
We cook all the meals and make sure there are left overs for lunch and easy food to put together so you never need to cook for yourself, my son or the entire family... If you want to make us discover a traditionnal meal (it would be awesome!) or cook something for yourself, you could to but we generally do our own food and have no expectations for you to cook.
We don't expect much housework except cleaning up after yourself and basic cleaning after our son (bibs, plates, ustensiles, high chair, etc.) and minimum basic contribution to the house like taking off dishes of the dishwasher or putting clean dishes away sometimes, not letting garbage overflow during the day, changing the toilet paper. Helping out with food prep, setting or washing the counter, sweeping the kitchen floor every once in a while is nice like you would do as a roomate.
The schedule is flexible and we can accommodate long weekend to travel or do whatever you would like. We offer flying benefits (cheap of free flights) in the cities and town our regional airline flies to.
one bedroom in a 3 bedroom small house with shared bathroom. 1 shower/bath and 2 toilets.
We buy and cook for all dinners and make sure there are left overs for lunch and easy food to put together so you never need to cook for yourself, my son or the entire family... If you want to make us discover a traditionnal meal (it would be awesome!) or cook something for yourself, you could to but we generally do our own food and have no expectations for you to cook.
you can do many activities in town. I listed a few ideas:
- Walk and hike the many trails we have (we will provide maps and Parks Canada is a good resources as well)
- Rent snowshoes at the recreational center and go for a nice walk in the trails
- Walk to the look out and ski or snow board on the small hills and snow park (we don’t have equipment but you might be able to find some on the facebook pages of the town)
- Go to the bar (at the Pelican Hotel in front of Park Canada)
- Watch a movie in a tiny cinema set up at the recreational center (movie are not very new but not so old either)
- There is a cross-country ski club in town
- Various sports activities are available at the recreational center: gym, badminton, squash, pool, curling, yoga and bootcamp fitness class. New schedule is available directly at the gym.
- You can volunteer for the preparation of the Arctic Winter Game (March 2018)
- Skating at the arena (rental on Saturday and Sunday), watch hockey (men and women):
- There is a photoclub (facebook page for activities)
- There is traditional beading and other aboriginal activities at the Uncle Gab’s friendship center, keep an eye on the various Fort Smith facebook pages.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week