We are an award winning not-for-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of the environment and mitigation of climate change. We work with people, government and the corporate sector to advance solutions for the planet. We work through grassroots action, community building, policy consulting as well as R&D.
You would be working with us for activities in a diversity of projects from wetland conservation, sustainable waste management, river conservation, afforestation, animal welfare, clean energy, sustainable agriculture, and more in the iconic city of Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. We also train women on entrepreneurship in the conservation sector, teaching them to be a part of small business, become financially independent, and learn valuable digital skills and also gain better price discovery. While they do this, the goal is to encourage solutions, products, and services that help conserve the environment. We are also training the community in ecotourism. Conservation of the river is also important because of the precious wildlife which includes freshwater Gangetic Dolphins and Gharials and Sarus Cranes and more.
Other projects include animal health and rescue, rehabilitation of disabled animals. Environmental education in schools, empowering farmers in sustainable agriculture and wetland conservation.
Your time here will be a memorable experience of a lifetime full of meaningful relationships, and work which gives an opportunity to create impact.
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Cuidado de animales
Trabajo de caridad
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
Gain an immersive experience in the city of Ayodhya (Faizabad) which holds immense mythological and cultural significance in India. Your workaway experience with us will bring a rich cultural and ecological experience where you can:
1. Ayodhya is a city of temples and is the birthplace of Lord Ram.
2. Interact with locals of Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh to learn about their society and culture
2. All Indian festivals during your stay would be celebrated with the local community and families
3. Work with women ragpickers in India on how to establish and run a small local business
4. Learn about traditional and local arts and crafts and train women on how to develop arts and crafts products
5. Site visits to the Saryu River (largest tributary of the Ganges)
6. Sighting Gangetic Dolphins in the Saryu River
7. Interacting with local boatmen and being a part of local eco-tourism
8. Working for stray animals like cows and dogs in India
9. Interacting with students in India for environment awareness
9. Experience sustainable tourism and sustainability in religious practices and culture
10. The chance to experience vegetarianism if you like, or enjoy the non-vegetarian delicacies popular in Uttar Pradesh. U.P. is a rich culinary experience!
11. Experience the natural wealth of Ayodhya city through birding, river clean up and other wetland rejuvenation work
We are looking for volunteers who would be interested in immersive work for environmental conservation in the iconic city of Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India. Looking for volunteers to help with a wide range of exciting activities (Workawayers are free to choose any of the activities below based on their skills, expertise and experience and no workawayer is expected to know all of the skills below (these are just a large set to pick from based on your skills and experience)
1. Wetland rejuvenation
2. Landscaping design and work
3. Sustainable waste management- biogas, plastic recycling and more
4. Plogging, clean up drives at the banks of the iconic Saryu River and a pond along with the team of volunteers who do regular plogging
5. Animal rescue, care and welfare
6. Arts, crafts, product development
7. Video, documentary making, photography
8. Social media management
9. Marketing, awareness and outreach
10. Digital design and content development
11. Fundraisers and networking
12. Research and reporting
13. Accounting and financial literacy for local community members- teaching them basic financial management, accounting, maintaining records etc.
14. Train the trainer in different environmental activities like upcycling waste, photography, water testing, ecological designs, etc.
15. Raising awareness on environment like plastic pollution, saving water, etc.
16. Web development
18. Others- we would love to hear from you what skills and experience you bring!
Please note that the above list is very broad to cover the different needs we have and no workawayer is expected to have them all. Workawayers are most welcome to pick their skill and experience and contribute to the environmental conservation efforts.
Punjabi (Eastern): Fluido
The accommodation is in a guesthouse located in a vibrant, safe and welcoming community. The guesthouse has rooms which come with attached bathrooms and would be shared between 2 volunteers.
Fresh, nutritious, and authentic Indian home-cooked meals will be provided. Indian cuisine is a culinary delight and we would accommodate any allergy-related requirements as well as spice tolerance levels.
Address: Duplex No. 12 Awadh Vihar Colony, Kaushal Puri, Civil Lines Faizabad Faizabad UP 224001 IN
With your time off you can visit the following tourist sites:
1. Sightseeing: Faizabad city in UP is a culturally vibrant city. Sites like Guptar Ghat, Moti Mahal Masjid, Military Mandir, Birla Temple, Mani Parvat Temple can be visited.
2. A historically important site by the name of Pratapgarh which is renowned for showing evidences of being a Neolithic site. Excavations also revealed that Pratapgarh might be one of the first agricultural sites in the world. Excavations also revealed multiple burials dating back to Mesolithic sites with a burial site of a human and dog together.
3. Jog, run, stroll in the beautiful Cantonment Area
4. Bird watching, nature hikes, treks and swimming
6. Site visits to historical sites under the guidance of our in-house history, culture, and archaeology expert.
7. Visit the Saryu River ecosystem under the guidance of our expert ecologists and local guides.
Modes of travel include:
1. Auto Rickshaws
2. Electronic rickshaws
3. Manually pulled rickshaws
4. Local buses
5. Trains for traveling
6. Private cars
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week