This is a small community that started in 2012. We are a few folks that live simply on an ecological farm located 30 mins drive south of Tel-Aviv.
We have a young food forest which was started on 2015, a beautiful strawbale multipurpose building which used to be an old chicken coop. We share an outdoor kitchen, outdoor living room, outdoor showers and other communal areas like sitting corners, campfire space, etc. We cook together and eat together most of the time. Our kitchen is vegan. We don’t have smokers in the community, but there is a smokers corner for those that need it.
Sometimes there are activities here: yoga, meditation, sharing circles, dance classes and some other workshops (during summer time we have less activities). We also have special Work & Community Living Workshops that you can participate in. If you are interested in joining a workshop, let us know.
We believe that each person has unique gifts and something to teach, and from time to time we gather to do classes or workshops, either by a community member or a volunteer.
We have a shared kitchen and we buy the food together cheaply. We all share the costs of food, electricity, internet, water, etc. We'd be happy if you could do the same. However if this is a problem for you we will work it out.
Feel free to contact us with any question or concern you have, we like communicating!
In March we're having a special program for volunteers, called Work&Community, from the 22nd to the 28th. Afterwards, we're having 3 weeks without volunteers because of some events we are hosting. You're very welcome to join our Work&Community program. There is no extra charge for it.
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en una granja
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
Our community members have a diverse set of professional skills with a lot of knowledge in environmentalism, permaculture, food forestry, dancing, yoga, meditation, tai chi, building with metal, welding, cooking, and much more.
We have a few areas of work:
1) The food forest, nursery, and gardens - we need hands to help with weeding, cultivating, mulching, planting, propagating, harvesting, etc. Our forest is continually in development.
2) Food - there is regular harvesting from the food forest for meals and to preserve. We regularly dehydrate and pickle things. We appreciate folks can get creative in the kitchen and those who can bake bread as well. We also make our own almond milk and vegan almond cheese and can teach you how.
3) Small building projects - we really appreciate folks who can help with things like building furniture, improving our small tree-house, fixing things, etc.
4) General organization - we have various spaces that need some organization. This involves sort through stuff, throwing out things that are broken or no longer needed, sorting things that will get donated or go to our second hand market, or just general organization of spaces to improve functionality.
5) Cleaning and maintenance of the space - we love folks who are willing to take charge and clean the spaces that we all use (the kitchen, the bathrooms, the showers, the strawbale building, etc.). This includes refilling sawdust or mulch for the compost toilets, making sure there is toilet paper or water for the bidet, sweeping spaces, doing dishes, etc.
All this being said, we love to get to know volunteers and understand what folks are passionate about and what skills/gifts they want to share with the community. We hope that volunteers can be pro-active and take initiative. If you see something that could be improved or something you want to contribute, please bring it up during a morning circle or with one of the community members, and most likely we will support you in doing it.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
We highly encourage folks to bring a tent and sleep under the stars in the food forest (its best weather wise and also you have more privacy). If you want an indoor space there is a shared room you could possibly sleep in. We provide mattresses and bedding. We also have plenty of towels and provide shampoo and soap as well. The kitchen, living room, and showers are all outdoors. We also have compost toilets. The day time here is spent outdoors or in the strawbale space.
We are located half an hour from Tel Aviv (1 hour in public transportation), 45 min from Jerusalem, and 15 mins drive from the nearest beach.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
if you are ok with working in a public space, digital nomading is possible here. wifi is stable for most of the time.
it is possible to come with a van - contact us for more details
Este anfitrión dice que acepta a viajeros con mascotas.
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
En los países en vías de desarrollo (donde la mayoría de los anfitriones que están involucrados trabajan en obras de caridad, programas de desarrollo, educación entre otros), Workaway permite que algunos de nuestros anfitriones bajo este perfil, pidan a los voluntarios una pequeña donación para ayudar a la familia con las que se quedarán, a menudo menos de 5 dólares por día. Workaway permite el cargo solo cuando la donación está dirigida directamente a la familia o programas de caridad y es sólo para cubrir el costo de la estancia los voluntarios. (Todo anfitriones que haya declarado algún cargo estará claramente marcado en su listado).
Workaway NO permite listados de agencias e intermediarios o proyectos que consideramos están buscando sacar provecho de una los voluntarios.
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: