Kalispera from sunny Greece and beautiful Evia Island!
The Little Human Project: Conscious parenting in Nature. Hello evebody!
I am Ekati, mama of 2 year old Alsini and of a 4 month old baby in the womb. I decided to reach out through this platform in order to seek help to our parenthood project. At my 42 I gave a natural birth at our farmhouse and now I am preparing for the next one! So I am in great need for babysitting help when the new baby comes this summer. Will you be the one to join my challenging but highly rewarding project?
Soon -in June- we will welcome the fourth member of our growing family. So we will need help with our 2 year old girl, Alsini. We live off the grid in our upcycled handmade farmhouse surrounded by the magnificent plane forest of Kireas River. We live in plain nature with a low energy impact, we are as much self-sufficient as possible, we are passionate about growing our own food, we have our animals, we grow our veggies and we try to consume as less as possible. During the summer we live and stay under the big fig tree where we have crafted an outdoors kitchen, sofa and bed.
We look for a committed person, ideally with a background in alternative / democratic pedagogy (Waldorf, Forest Schooling, Unschooling, Montessori, etc), who will take care of little Alsini from April to September. We offer accommodation in a big comfortable tent and food from our organic garden. Our grandma Elli will cook for you the best greek traditional dishes.
Our farmhouse is at 15mins from beautiful Pili beach. The region offers a big variety of alternatives as far as travelling experiences are concerned: thermal springs, waterfalls, lakes, hiking, bicycling, free camping in beaches where you can be literally by yourself.
In order to apply for hosting please take some time to send us some information about your background by filling out the following questions:
1. What is your educational background?
2. Have you ever worked/volunteered before with children? What ages? What were your tasks/ areas of responsibility?
3. Describe briefly the most challenging experience you had with children
4. Do you have basic knowledge of first aid care?
5. Do you have any special food requirements that we should take into account? (vegan/vegetarian/food allergies)
6. Are you acquainted with life in nature? Do you have any discomforts or phobias regarding life in nature? (darkness, being alone, animals, insects, reptiles, etc)
7. Are you interested in learning /sharing experiences about motherhood, parenthood, conscious pregnancy, natural birthing, and conscious parenting? Why?
8. Describe briefly your vision about how you would like little humans to be brought up to this world
9. State briefly the reasons why you want to volunteer to our Little Human project
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
Those who are really interested in alternative education, here is the ideal place to practice and to get the most out of the forest schooling experience. For those who want to follow a professional career in forest schooling or other types of alternative education, we will be happy to provide a certificate of "practice" in our family with analytical help description and evaluation.
We offer high quality organic grown veggies and traditionally cooked meals. We make our own cheese, yogurt, tomato sauces, marmalades, homemade pasta, etc, so the volunteer will have the opportunity to taste a great variety of local homemade organic products.
During the summer we go daily to the beach where the kids of the local villages gather and play. The village of Prokopi has a lively social life, with lots of taverns with delicious souvlaki and greek plates, cafeterias and bars.
Depending the circumstances, we will have the chance to travel around the island of Evia for unique experiences in thermal springs, free camping in the forest or on the beach, hiking, cultural exchange with meeting with other friends/projects who host volunteers as well. If we are lucky and the lockdown for big gatherings is over, we will have the opportunity to take part in traditional local festivities with local music, dance and traditional food.
We need a responsible and committed person to babysit for 2yr old Alsini. The help consists of creative and educational play, changing nappies if needed, feeding, cooking if needed, baby sleeping and generally taking care of the toddler. Some times in special cases, we may need help with basic household tasks such as washing the dishes or preparing a quick meal, but this will be the exception to the rule. Alsini is a very extrovert, communicative and cooperative little human, much more advanced for her age. We have been teaching elimination communication and baby sign language since birth. Most of the time we assign Montessori activities which are executed with great enthusiasm. So babysitting her is an easygoing task and can be an exciting experience for those who are really interested in children. We live into the forest, we have our animals and garden so for a creative mind there are plenty of activities to get involved with her.
More specifically, we search a volunteer with the following profile:
- non smoker or responsible smoker (ie no smoking in front of the child or around the farmhouse)
- takes initiatives
- has an inner motive to learn from the little humans
- communicative and cooperative
- extrovert, easygoing, flexible and able to manage challenging situations
Also we expect from the volunteer to follow the basic rules such as:
- Keeping the commonly used spaces clean and tidy and well organized after use
- Being highly conscious when babysitting for reasons of effectiveness and safety
- Being flexible in time and committing to the needs and rhythms of to the toddler
- Respecting the nature, animals and people co-living and co-working in the farmhouse
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
I am interested in developing the level of my spanish
We offer accommodation in a nice, comfortable tent, with a bed, under a big shade next to our farmhouse. We have an outdoors compost toilet and outdoors shower. As we live off the grid, we don’t have internet access, but for your communication needs you can visit a cafeteria in the nearby village at 3kms away for a free Wi-Fi connection. We have very tasty fresh running water from the springs of the nearby mountain. You are free to use our outdoors kitchen. We are willing to help you with whatever you may need in order to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Local sites: Edipsos thermal springs, Drymonas Waterfalls, Kerasia Paleolithic Forest, Limni traditional village, beautiful beaches all over North Evia, hiking in the mountains, canoeing, Agia Anna horseriding center, and many many more!
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
these is plenty of space around to park under shade and you can charge your panel battery.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week