NOW LOOKING FOR:
1st March - 31 Abril
PREPARING AND SETTING UP FOR SEASON START
- GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING
- WOOD MAINTENANCE WORK & GENERAL TASKS
MINIMUM STAY - 1 WEEK
CARAVAN OR TENT
We are a family, me Filipa and David, w son Rafael (9 years), friend Pedro, two cats, two dogs and always amazing friends coming and going...
Five years ago we left all things urban, careers in Arts and entertainment and headed to the country-side. We always felt the calling but my partner's, David, sudden illness rushed the decision. We bought a 11ha land, and started exploring all things Natural.
Choupana is a beautiful valley - a wild and vibrant forest (unlike other parts of the Alentejo) with a running river of clean water where we swim and play.
We re-built our beautiful Taipa house, grown vegetables and hosted many friends who come here to feel the wilderness, a human free landscape and the simple but amazing joy of being alive!
We decided not to return to the country/side and so we started developing a sustainable way of living on our land.
in 2017, with a lot of friends and volunteers, we built an Eco/Glamping.
We built 4 platforms in the forest to install private tents for our guests. Dry toilets, showers, a lounge to eat and hang out a pool and many beautiful corners to enjoy the silence and amazing view. Last two summers we opened as a nature lovers Glamping, and this year we will do the same.
This vision has been attracting a constant flow of gifted, talented, enthusiastic and good hearted people, that come here to help create and manifest this project and also to share this breath-taking paradise.
After a winter of deep rest, i now open again the doors of this magic place to anyone feeling the calling to come and participate and help with this project.
PREPARATION PHASE - MARCH - APRIL
- to help oil wood structures and wood furniture
- to help with overall land maintenance
- to help take care of our gardens - planting, maintaining, watering and improving the landscape around the construction and paths.
- help with cooking some meals
ECO-GLAMPING PHASE & SILENCE RETREAT HUB - MAY - OCTOBER
- Helping in the kitchen
- Maintenance in the land work
- Helping with cleaning the structures
- Watering gardens etc
- we welcome artists who have visions of working with Nature to create Land Art or any kind to decorative Art to enrich our structures.
- Social Media and web design support
Accommodation: tent or caravan
If you have your own transport it’s great, because we are 3 km away from the neighbors and 15 from the nearest town. If you don’t have a car it’s okay too we can give rides into town everyday.
If this vision springs curiosity or inspires you to come and work hard in a paradise valley, eating healthy delicious vegetarian food and also sharing important life knowledge, please send me an email introducing yourself and your skills and interests, so we can dialogue about possibilities!
Stay well and hope to hear from you soon
Niñera / cuidado de niños
Mantenimiento / bricolage
Cocinar / compras
Ayuda en proyecto ecológico
Ayuda informática / Internet
All volunteers will enjoy healthy vegetarian, river dives, beach going
- loves plants and enjoys spending time and caring for them
- help in landscaping
- help with the watering
- 5 hours help per day 5 days a week
Building and maintenance
- experienced or not, but, very important, eager to contribute to the project
- work includes wood working, stone working, painting, fixing etc
- part of the rotation task of changing the compost toilets
- 5 hours help per day 5 days a week
Child care June, July and September
- Take Rafael to and from school and other activities
- Help with homework
- just play and HAVE FUN IN NATURE WITH HIM!!!
Fluent Portuguese and English, I understand Spanish and can try a bit of French!!
Caravans and Tents
We are located in deep SW Portuguese forest. With a bicycle you easily arrive in Troviscais the nearest neighbourhood, 3km away!
The nicest beaches in Portugal are 25 min away by car.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Más de dos
5 hours a day, 5 days a week