1649 “me gusta”
I'm originally from the UK. For the past 35 years I've lived in a beautiful village in the mountains 20km west of Ronda.
I write walking guides and lead walks in the Grazalema Park.
The help I'm looking for is inside and out; gardening, some painting/restoration of doors and windows etc, at my beautiful home and campsite.
I hope to plant out a succulent, low-water garden at the camp. Possibly plant out some vines.
So the help involved is varied and can sometimes be adapted to what you feel happy to undertake.
It's also about having fun working together.
There will be some driving involved, so you will need to be aged 25+ and a competent driver (so that you are covered my car insurance).
I'd also be interested in some kind of language intercambio/exchange in Italian/German/French/Slavic language.
We sometimes will cook lunches together. At breakfast we do our own thing then meet to discuss the day over coffee at around 9am.
We work until 14h after which you're free to do your own thing.
I see workaway as a cultural exchange and enjoy good company and conversation.
Over the past years I've welcomed workawayers from all over the world. I enjoy sharing what I know about the language, culture and history of Spain. And I'll be interested to learn about yours. I've travelled and accompanied groups to many different corners of the planet and am a committed One Worlder and European. I'm currently adopting Spanish nationality after the Brexit fiasco and will feel no regrets when I throw my UK passport in the bin.
You'll be close to great walking trails in the Grazalema park. And Montecorto is a small, quiet and special mountain village.
My workawayer's accommodation is in a separate house with its own bathroom. There's wifi there so if you're telecommuting, no worries.
Thanks for checking out the profile.
- I can only accept workawayers aged 25+ who have a driving licence
- I have a small, recently adopted dog who will accompany us on our hikes
Trabajo de caridad
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
- I'm originally from the UK and write about Spain where I've lived since the 1980s. I enjoy sharing my love of Spanish culture and local lore
- you'll be staying in an authentic 'pueblo blanco' or white village
- you'd be welcome to join me on a hike or two
- helping with cooking and shopping
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
I was an English teacher in another life so I can help you if you would like to improve your language. I'm also fluent in Spanish and have given lessons in the past.
- you'll stay in a beautiful little cottage with great views of the Grazalema mountains.
- Montecorto is a friendly village, non-touristy. Our volunteer's accommodation is within walking distance of bars and shops and close to Ronda
- I have an easy-going lifestyle and enjoy good food, wine and company
- there are buses from Montecorto to Ronda (@20min), Sevilla, Cádiz and Málaga
- hiking/running trails lead straight out from the house
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
There's a fast wifi connection in some parts of the house where you would be staying (though not necessarily in your bedroom.).
There's a nice place to park your van in the forest close to where I live. If you stayed in your van you'd still have the use of a house for showering, washing clothes, cooking and so on.
5 hours, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: