Información de perfil
Evaluación del anfitrión
** PLEASE READ ALL THIS PROFILE FIRST BEFORE REQUESTING A WORKAWAY EXCHANGE **
Are you creative?
Are you self-reliant and self-sufficient?
Are you free-spirited and uninhibited?
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
Are you caring and respectful?
If you answered "YES!" then feel welcome to request a visit.
We are just a suburban house with garden. This is a colourful old house a short walk from the beach on the east side of Christchurch - its kind of colourful, laidback, libertarian, bohemian/surfer/artist home. Its not your usual middle-class suburban home so may not suit everyone. It is basic but friendly and safe. It is usually just me living here. I, Kev, am usually the only full-time resident and host. I am respectful, caring, honest and sharing. We make an effort to live sustainably and wish to host people with a commitment to sustainable living and regeneration.
* 100% vegetarian or vegan - it's nice to share a wholesome vegetarian meal in the evening
* 100% non smoking
* I prefer to host solo travelers
LunaSea Freedom Garden:
In 2021 when the NZ Government introduced Vaccine Passports and restricted where people could go I decided to create a Freedom Garden. No passports required – of any kind. You are free to be yourself. You can also be free from clothing if you want – sun/air bathing, yoga, tea-parties, gardening, etc. Freedom of possibility and freedom to choose. We also have a dress-up box of fun colourful costume clothing. Its all about fun…and respect!
I can teach you:
- Natural mindfulness
- Connecting deeply with nature using all 5 senses
- How to use power tools
- How to build and tend a campfire
- How to shit in the woods
- Wet wool felting and needle felting
You are welcome to join me in long walks at the beach and going bodysurfing and bodyboarding. I often drive to a magical secret swimming pool in a forest 30 minutes from home and of course you are welcome to join.
I only host solo travellers. You will have a bedroom to yourself. I supply sheets, blankets and towels.
We have an outdoor compost toilet if you prefer to use (but also a normal inside flush toilet). An outdoor fire-heated bath in the garden – unfortunately not available if there is a ban on outdoor fires.
Tipos de ayuda y oportunidades de aprendizajeProyectos artísticosAyuda en proyectos ecológicosJardinería
Intercambio cultural y oportunidades de aprendizaje
Having reached the stage of life where I am now an Elder I am happy to be supportive of younger people by sharing the life lessons, skills & wisdoms I have learned over the years. I am a good contemplative listener.
You can learn about the benefits of living a simple, stress-free life. You can also learn about the important of developing and maintaining a close relationship with nature in your daily life.
I often go to beautiful places in nature which I am happy to share with you. I can guide you in reawakening all your senses to better and more fully immerse yourself in Nature.
* We believe work should be meaningful, enjoyable and a fair exchange! The work is all easy and I will work alongside you. You won’t be left alone with a long list of tedious back-breaking jobs.
- helping with easy gardening
- Watering the plants
- Collecting seeds
- Scavenging free wood to recycle for garden projects
- Collecting river rocks for the garden
- Growing micro-greens
- Building fun stuff for the garden
- Foraging for fruit in the RRZ or foraging for seaweeds at Taylor’s Mistake
- Sharing your knowledge and skills in any healing arts/bodywork e.g. massage, yoga, tantra, reiki, aqua-therapy, reflexology, sound healing (sound massage/gong baths) etc.
* Sunny guest bedroom with one single bed. Sheets, blankets, towels provided.
* Tent space in the garden for a small tent.
SOLO TRAVELERS ONLY. We DO NOT host couples or groups of people traveling together.
* 100% vegetarian or vegan - we enjoy sharing a wholesome vegetarian meal in the evening
* 100% non smoking
* I prefer to host solo travelers over 25 years old but will consider others
The house is an experienced host to many people over the past few years and offers a safe, harassment-free environment. We like nice people! We require that anyone staying here be respectful, considerate and sharing towards the house and all others in it.
The house is located a couple of minutes walk from the beach - usually safe for swimming and with waves suitable for surfing. A 20 minute walk along the beach to shops, supermarket, banks, etc. We don't have wifi but you are welcome to have light usage of a computer for emails, travel bookings, and staying in contact with family, etc. There is a good selection of music, movies and books.
We love being in nature and often head somewhere beautiful for walking, surfing or swimming. The beach is an important part of life here.
Un poco más de información
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
¿Cuántos voluntarios puedes hospedar?
2.5 hours a day for accommodation.