LIFE IN A SMALL ECO VILLAGE IN SOUTHERN NORWAY
Previously, for 12 years, we owned and ran a 9 acre organic permaculture farm in Hawaii. We had many woofers and interns during that time, exclusively a life enriching experience. Now our family of three live in our comfy straw bale house located adjacent to a small scale organic farm in southern Norway.
We are involved in farm activities on some levels but are now renting a 1 hectare piece of land for a Non-profit Permaculture Project. Our daughter (21), Sophia, only at home during holidays, is now studying in San Fransisco. Her room is available for 1 or 2 visitors. My wife Ingunn (47) work as a local doctor (general practitioner). My name is Robin (53) and work as a social worker with people born both deaf and blind, and I also teach Marshall Rosenbergs communication-model "NVC". We have many ongoing projects that you can get involved with. We speak english quite well, + little french but less german and Spanish. We would love to get to know you and practice life enriching communication. We hope to make for a wonderful exchange/experience and that we share meals and project time as much as is joyful for us all.
Mantenimiento / bricolage
Cocinar / compras
Ayuda en proyecto ecológico
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda con idiomas
Ayuda informática / Internet
A ECO VILLAGE LIFESTYLE.
You will be exposed to a small Eco village in which 11 families enjoy their lives. Our house, being 1 of 4 straw bale buildings, are built to the highest standards. The wide spread knowledge on ecological living could contribute to your learning. Once a week we share a vegan meal with our neighbours. Every Sunday we have movie night at our house. Neighbours come for popcorn and tea and we take turns in presenting our choice of film. Occasionally we gather for bonfire and music under the stars.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL HISTORY
The area is quite picturesque and has a historical heritage that predates the viking era. Walks in the area will show signs of how people lived as far back as 8000 years ago.
NORWAY'S OLDEST CITY - TØNSBERG
Driving 10 minutes by car you will find yourself in a buzzing tourist magnet of a costal town. The population of 50 000 people is more than doubled in summer months. Museums, medieval castle site, local markets and all the diversions a town can provide, you will find here.
We hold permaculture and NVC communication workshops. You can attend when you find a topic that interests you.
LEARN HOW TO WINDSURF
During april-september there will be an opportunity to learn windsurfing provided that the instructor has time and weather permits. It is nice to have a shift from farm-life once in a while.
SKIING AND WINTER SPORTS
There are cross-country ski-tracks right outside our door.
Downhill opportunities a few hours away.
Este anfitrión ofrece alojamiento y paga.
CHORES - PROJECTS:
1. THE LAND PROJECT. I am currently very involved in the local Permaculture organisation. We started november 2018 and are now 70 members. The LAND project is what I hope people will contribute to L=learning, A=activity, N=network and D=demonstration. The farm gets around 300 visitors each week. My hope is to create a demonstration-site to make a vivid display of Permaculture Ethics and Principles so as to inspire visitors. This involves greenhouse work, propagating plants, sales, planting trees (a forest garden) design, building the permaculture office and more. We would like to create an artistic installation as well. All the income from the Land Project will be funnelled towards its further development.
2. THE PATHWAY. Our area is of historical significance that predates the vikings. A pathway that will lead farm visitors to the Permaculture site via educational-stations is another project in the making. We will apply for a grant that will help us in this pursuit. Ideas and design-suggestions are very welcomed.
3. THE PONDS. We are creating a multipurpose pond-system to serve both as our drinking water in severe droughts but mostly for watering the yard, aesthetics and swimming.
4. STRAWBALE BUILDING. Our straw bale house needs some maintenance and additions. The clay plaster on the house next door needs maintenance as well.
5. GARDENING. We have several vegetable gardens and greenhouses that need constant attention. This includes sowing, weeding, mulching, harvesting and preserving.
6. HOUSEHOLD CHORES. Our mostly vegetarian cuisine would love inspiration from other parts of the world. Cleaning the house is also something very welcomed ... We have a cat.
7. WE NEED HELP TO START OUR WEBPAGE.
English, + some french and all Scandinavian languages
NON SMOKERS ARE WELCOME
Enjoy a comfortable room for 1-2 persons in our home. Joint access to all facilities like toilet, shower, kitchen, washer, dryer, WIFI and living room. If you like more privacy we have a room separate from the house as well. We expect 4 hours per day in exchange for room and board. We can take turns making dinner.
Ingredients for breakfast, lunch, dinner and an evening meal will be provided. We have busy lives and you might have to eat alone occasionally.
If you desire to journey off so as to experience other parts of Norway you can work extra for days exploring with our Toyota Yaris. We have a tent you can use.
Transport to town includes 3 options. You can borrow our bike, nice bicycle paths take you all the way to town. Bus-stop is inconveniently located 1.5 km away from our house. Only 4 trips round trip are provided. We frequently go to town so if you want you can ride with us.
Once a week we go to town for yoga. You can come along if you like.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: