Me and my cat live in a beautiful old house and have many ideas how to make it even more beautiful. The house was built in 1909 and after the second world war it was a place were women came to relax, play music, sing, dance and spend a good time together.
It is a wonderful place, with an amazing view over the fjord and a big winter garden where we can gather.
We enjoy being with people from all over the world and having meetings with our friends here in the house. There is often community meetings, jam sessions, dinner parties, and workshops here in the house, as a like it to be a place where people can come together and enjoy life!
I myself is a very handy person with a lot of DIY skills. I find a lot of enjoyment in doing practical work also together with others! If you want to stay here I will appreciate that you have interest in practical work in general and specifically construction, carpentering.
It will also be a wish that you have some previous experience, so that you are able to work independently and "think on your feet" in the middle of practical tasks.
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
As a cultural exchange this can offer you:
- A possibility to practice Norwegian or English language
- Being part of the local community here in Nesodden during your stay, and take part in jam sessions, workshops, community gatherings, dinner parties. I will offer you the possibility to take part in my life and free time activities if you want!
- I love to be in nature and if you want we can take trips on the fjord in canoe or kayaks together.
- The kayak and canoe are also of free use if you want to explore the coast on your own.
- I am a very skilled body worker and therapist, and I am happy to exchange/ offer / teach you about massage/ foot zone therapy/ coaching / empathy and listening practices.
- In the summer I work as a seiling instructor, so if you come during this time chances are you can learn something about sailing.
- If you enjoy fishing you can do that from the dock very close to the house.
- I am member of an organic garden were we grow vegetables and flowers, and you can join me to go there and pick veggies directly out of the soil.
All in all I would love to share my world and my activities with you.
Even after living in this house for some years there ars still construction work going on around here, as there is a lot of potential to make this even more beautiful. I just finished a penthouse apartment on the second floor where you might possibly live if you come here as a Workaway.
These are some of the tasks that we may possibly need help with at the moment:
- Reconstruction of an old outhouse, making it into an extra guest room with kitchen and bathroom
- Reconstruction of a staircase: taking away old linoleum flooring and grinding it down to get back to the beautiful wooden material it originally was made of.
- Making a new bathroom on the first floor
- Construction of a new road leading into the house
- Garden work
- Know something about electricity and plumbing
- A variety of smaller practical tasks inside and outside.
We are looking for people that are interested in helping us with a variety of practical tasks, primarily building and carpentry, so construction and carpentering skills are most needed..
Skills with electricity and plumbing will also be appreciated. If you have a general practical mind and a DIY mindset, but not so much experience this can be an opportunity to learn and develop your skills, however you still need some ability to work independently.
Couples are most welcome!!
You will have a spacious room for yourself. The house has different spaces with big windows where you can sit, relax and enjoy the view of Oslofjord and the winter garden.
We will share the common spaces as the kitchen, the bathroom, the living room and the terrace.
I like to share the meals so we prefer to eat all together.
We live in Svestad at Nesodden, very near to the capital.
Oslo of course has a lot to offer culturally, and it is close enough that you can go there and explore it in your free time To get there, you take a bus for 20 min. and then, a 20 minutes boat trip to Oslo Sentrum.
The nature around here has a lot to offer. You can do fishing, kayaking and canoeing in Oslofjord that is only a minute away from our home.
A 45 min walk away is a local cafe where you can sit down and reflect about life.
Warmly welcome <3
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: