MARC & ALEJANDRA
We are Alejandra and Marc, a couple with complementary skills and abilities guided by their values and cosmovision.
Marc was born in the Catalan Pyrenees, in the land of the Ceretani, a branch of the Iberians. Alejandra was born in Entre Rios (between rivers), a province in center-east Argentina.
Nowadays, we live:
- part time in Australia, in the land of the Gunaikurnai, an aboriginal nation of the Australian South-east;
- part time in Argentina, in a land whose ancestors were the Guaranies, an indigenous tribe from center-east Argentina; & in center-west Argentina, in a land whose ancestors were the Comechingón.
- other locations of the world (mainly in the Southern Hemisphere)
These three places (Argentina, Australia and Catalonia) constitute three corners of Earth. This tells us that, alongside with the connection to our ancestral lands, we need to extend our arms to embrace as much diversity as possible; perhaps, by living among these locations, we are trying to embrace the whole planet.
ABOUT OUR PLACE
In Australia, we live in a small vibrant community of about 85 people in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains in East Gippsland, Victoria, 80 km from Lakes Entrance and 20 kms north of Buchan. The valley is the home of two ecovillages, one Tibetan Buddhist center, a number of different eco sensitive, creative & entrepreneurial people. Ours is one of those ecovillages. Located in the Southern edge of the valley it was established in 1981. On that same year Bill Mollison―father of permaculture― stayed in our ecovillage designing a permaculture plan. Then he carried out his second Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) ever.The ecovillage is made of 5 houses and 50 hectares.
WHAT WE DO
Together, we run projects aiming at:
- Helping restore ecological balance,
- Build bridges between cultures, and
- Prompt the rediscovery of the Self as spiritual collective beings.
We are both social entrepreneurs that have made of the projects our life mission and a vision for the future.
Cuidar de bebê / criança
Cozinhar / compras
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Ajuda nas tarefas domésticas
Cuidar de animais
Ajuda com computadores / internet
Our aim is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps people unfold their potential.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
Accommodation and delicious vegetarian meals, since we both love cooking. (if you require vegan or gluten free diet, please talk to us)
We also offer afternoon workshops (once or twice a week) on the 'Khuyas', a set of power stones that help us to connect with our inner Self.
We also like to help you organize activities for your day off such as visiting nearby beaches, trekking, swimming at natural pools, etc. As a volunteer you are also invited to W Tree social activities such as music nights, pizza nights, get together, etc.
We offer 1 meal a day : lunch. Breakfast and dinner will be on your own. You will enjoy the veggie garden produce and can bring personal food items or buy nearby.There is a food-coop 15 minutes walk or you can buy on further away stores on your days off.
Internet is limited for two reasons:
- The fact that our Internet access is satellite and we have a monthly quota. If the amount is consumed before the term, we cannot add or buy more quota and need to wait till the beginning of the next period. As we use it for work, we cannot run out of it.
- We encourage volunteers to get touched by the magic of the place and share quality time together.
Therefore, internet is available during limited hours of the day and everyone has a quota.
We look for volunteers who would like to stay for about a month helping us with different projects. The activities involved can be divided in two groups:
1. Publishing and app/web development projects
2. Outdoors and general maintenance projects
We are happy to have people doing either one or combining the two in order to get a balance between indoor and outdoor activities. We are only receiving those with the specific listed skills.
PUBLISHING AND APP/WEB DEVELOPMENT
If you are going to assist us in these areas, we need you to have demonstrated professional experience in at least one of the following skills:
1. Graphic design, Artistic drawing and painting (Photoshop, Pixelmator,etc.) and Vector Graphic Editor (InkScape, Adobe Illustrator, etc.),
2. Web animation (Hype 3, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects, Slider Revolution, etc.), 3D animation (Blender), Video Editing (Adobe Premier, Final Cut, etc.),
3. Book Layout (Adobe InDesign, Scribus, Scrivener, Jutoh, etc.),
4. Web design
5. On-line marketing and SEO and Databases (Postgres).
6. App design (Adobe XD,...)
OUTDOOR RELATED PROJECTS
If you are going to help outdoors, you need to be skilled at:
1. Working in a veggie garden
2. General maintenance
As we live in community, we exchange and contribute with our neighbours. At times, when our neighbours need help, a group of volunteers might go to their place, do the working hs and lunch there. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and get to know the neighbourhood.
If you are a French, Portuguese, Italian or Chinese speaker, we will require you to speak in those languages as part of the exchange to give us the opportunity to improve our language skills.
Chinese (Mandarin): Intermediário
Volunteers have their own house
Depending on the number of volunteers you will have a room for yourself or share it (2 people per room)
We also try to offer couples a room or space (caravan) for themselves.
Arrival should be on a Wednesday or Friday around 5pm (exceptionally, another day around 5pm)
The place is specially attractive for its wildlife. There are kangaroos, wallabies, goanas, wombats, koalas (20 km north), deers, emus, rosellas, king parrots, kookaburras, and a long etcetera. The kangaroos are usually around the houses. You can see the joeys (babe kangaroos) leaving their mother's pouches to have their first hopping experience or a fight between two males thai boxing style.
Places to visit are the Buchan caves (22 km south), the Snowy River National Park, Lakes Entrance (80 km South), and many others.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Mais de 2
20 hs a week plus daily shared responsibilities