Favorito 1241 vezes
We are a small community that started in 2012. We live simply on an ecological farm located 30 mins drive south of Tel-Aviv.
We have a young food forest which was started in 2015 with a big diversity of edible and medicinal plants, a large strawbale multipurpose building, and we share an outdoor kitchen, outdoor living room, outdoor showers and other communal areas. We don’t have smokers in the community, but there is a corner for smoking for those that need it.
Sometimes there are activities here: yoga, meditation, sharing circles, and some other workshops. If you are interested in joining a workshop, let us know.
We have a shared kitchen and we buy the food together. Our kitchen is vegan. We cook together and eat together most of the time. We all share the costs of food, electricity, internet, water, etc. We'd be happy if you could do the same.
The sleeping space is usually in a tent. If you want a private room, there could be one potentially. Be in contact with us and we can talk about it.
We believe that each person has unique gifts and something to teach, and from time to time we gather to do classes or workshops, either by a community member or a volunteer.
Feel free to contact us with any question or concern you have, we like communicating!
If you are interested in coming to stay with us, please tell us a bit about yourself and why you want to stay here. Mention the word 'pitango' so that we know that you read our profile :)
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Ajuda em fazenda
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
Our community members have a diverse set of professional skills with a lot of knowledge in environmentalism, permaculture, food forestry, dancing, yoga, photography, meditation, tai chi, writing, building with metal, welding, cooking, and much more.
We have a few areas of work:
1) The food forest, nursery, and gardens - we need hands to help with weeding, cultivating, mulching, planting, propagating, harvesting, etc. Our forest is continually in development.
2) Food - there is regular harvesting from the food forest for meals and to preserve. We regularly dehydrate and pickle things. We appreciate folks can get creative in the kitchen and those who can bake bread as well. We also make our own almond milk and vegan almond cheese and can teach you how.
3) Small building and maintenance projects - we really appreciate folks who can help with things like building furniture, improving our small tree-house, fixing things, etc.
4) General organization - we have various spaces that need organization. This involves sorting through stuff, throwing out things that are broken or no longer needed, sorting things that will get donated, or just general organization of spaces to improve functionality.
5) Cleaning and maintenance of the space - we love folks who are willing to take charge and clean the spaces that we all use (the kitchen, the bathrooms, the showers, the strawbale building, etc.). This includes caring for the compost toilets, making sure there is toilet paper or water for the bidet, sweeping spaces, doing dishes, etc.
All this being said, we love to get to know volunteers and understand what folks are passionate about and what skills/gifts they want to share with the community. We hope that volunteers can be pro-active and take initiative. If you see something that could be improved or something you want to contribute, please bring it up during a morning circle or with one of the community members, and most likely we will support you in doing it.
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
We highly encourage folks to bring a tent and sleep under the stars in the food forest (its best weather wise and also you have more privacy). If you want an indoor space there is potentially a room you could sleep in, talk to us for details. We provide mattresses and bedding. We also have plenty of towels and provide shampoo and soap as well. The kitchen, living room, and showers are all outdoors. We also have compost toilets. The day time here is spent outdoors or in the strawbale space.
We are located half an hour from Tel Aviv (1 hour in public transportation), 45 min from Jerusalem, and 15 mins drive from the nearest beach.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
if you are ok with working in a public space, digital nomading is possible here. wifi is stable for most of the time.
it is possible to come with a van - contact us for more details
Este anfitrião está aberto a aceitar viajantes com animais de estimação.
Mais de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Nos países em desenvolvimento (Onde grande parte dos anfitriões está envolvido em trabalho beneficente ou no desenvolvimento de comunidade) alguns de nossos anfitriões podem solicitar uma pequena contribuição para ajudar a família anfitriã ou as obras de caridade (frequentemente menos de 5 dólares por dia) Workaway permitirá estas listas quando a doação for direto para a família ou obras de caridade e, somente com o intuito de cobrir os gastos com a hospedagem dos voluntários. (Isto estará claramente sinalizado nas listas dos anfitriões).
Em hipótese alguma aceitamos listas postadas por agentes, “intermediários” ou projetos que acreditamos que buscam se beneficiar do trabalho voluntário.
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: