My name is Fernando, and I am a professional Ecuadorian mountain guide with a mountain travel agency in the central Andes of Ecuador. My office is located in Latacunga, Ecuador, however, our home base is in El Chaupi, a small village located a little more than an hour south of Quito. We primarily need help with the day-to-day needs of our hostal, and with translating our website in English and German.
Prática de idiomas
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
You will have the opportunity to get to know ecuadorian family life in a small village with everything that belongs to it (traditions, habits, culture). You will stay with us
You will learn how to run and develop a travel agency and assist me with touristic projects. You may also have the opportunity to walk on a glacier or learn techniques for how to climb.
We organise programs for hiking mountains (Cotopaxi, Corazon, Iliniza) and hiking excursions (Quilotoa etc.) and if there are vacancies for group excursions you can join some of those trips for free.
We are looking for volunteers to help us with the following activities:
• Help with the general maintenance of our hostal. This includes cleaning, helping cook and serve food to our guests.
• Help communicating with guests in other languages. We have many guests who speak English, and there is not always an English speaker in the hostal, for this, your help would be very useful for conveying any important information between our guests and our spanish speaking employees.
• Help updating our information online in different languages. We are always updating our website, which we have in Spanish, English and German. We can always use strong writers to help us translate and upload updated materials with correct grammar
• Help with updating our social media pages. We have lots of information that can be put on this site, but this is hard to update when I am traveling or organizing tours.
• Help checking emails and organizing tours.
• Helping with all kinds of tasks related to the mountain travel agency such as: exploring hiking routes, creating maps, creating posts and information on all sort of different touristic activity in the area. Creating layouts and graphic design skills would be more than amazing.
• Help with the development of a community tourism project in the indigenous village Shalala next to Quilotoa Loop. Para eso seria importante hablar un espanol mas o menos bueno porque hay que conversar bastante con la gente local que no sabe mucho ingles. (Spanish skills needed) You would be accommodated in Shalala lodge for about a week.
• Help with construction activities in our hostal.
Please send a message with what your abilities and skills are and how you think you will be able to help us with any of the above mentioned tasks.
El Chaupi: Private room in our mountaineering base camp/hostal. The bathroom is used by the whole family.
Basic meals will be covered at El Chaupi. If we are travelling and you choose to accompany us on our trip
Our Volunteers can connect to our Wifi.
There is public transport available from all locations.
You have opportunities to walk around the city, visit indigenous markets nearby and hike in the mountains.
If you are interested, we can also organize a private tour to any of the local mountains or locations we offer on our website while you are staying with us.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
5 hours a day, 5 days a week