*** COVID-19 UPDATE***
I am immune-compromised due to my chronic health conditions / asthma / medications. Only fully vaccinated people please.
If I or you become sick with COVID we will all need to isolate in the house until everyone is recovered. Obviously we would care for each other during this time.
Our quiet home in Heidelberg Heights, Melbourne, is needing immediate help with multiple tasks around the house.
> Felicity late 30's Vet Nurse student, artist, gardener, home-based dog sitter, dog foster carer & start up dog clothing maker, with two female resident dogs:
- Sansa, an energetic but anxious 8 year old female kelpie x, loves playing with toys and cuddles.
- Maggie, an 8 year old cuddly smaller sized greyhound, my Assistance Dog, is all about the butt scratches and stealing pastries from the kitchen bench.
Both dogs love treats, playtimes, running around the house and yard, and sleeping on human beds!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ There may be extra dogs staying at different times, so ONLY DOG LOVERS PLEASE!
Separate stand alone 2 bedroom unit behind a house on a quiet street. Local grocery store, chemist, bakery & cafe under 5min walk away. Long term off street parking available inside backyard behind garage roller door (uncovered).
Bus linking to Train Stations & shopping centres at the end of the block.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Due to health / allergy reasons, only NON SMOKERS are encouraged to apply.
Cuidado de animales
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
As a qualified teacher, Felicity can help with university level studies in Health, Biology, Anatomy, Physical Education & Sports Sciences. She is also experienced in:
- dog training
- first aid / sports rehab
- Anatomy / physiology
- Sports training / skills / gym instruction / fitness
- English (fluent)
- Wine appreciation
- Art & basic sewing skills
Felicity has just got back into uni and will be studying Bachelor of Vet Nursing full time (deferred for wrist surgery).
MAY 2022 UPDATE
= WRIST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY =
End of April / start of May, after surgery I will be immobilised in plaster casts / hard plastic casts for 12 weeks. Then will need to learn how to use my dominant hand again.
I will need help with:
- cooking (meal prep, cooking, freezing, cleaning up, include raw dog food).
- cleaning (dishes daily, kitchen after meal prep, weekly bathroom clean, vacuum, bins, linen change, outside).
- driving my automatic Subaru (must have Australian Drivers License / International DL and excellent driving record).
- shopping (big weekly shops at Northlands SC, Warring, SC or Westfield SC - you can also browse shops and buy yourself all the things).
- getting to appointments (osteopath / doctor / hand rehab / tests).
- laundry (washing, hanging up to dry, sorting, folding, putting away).
- taking care of my dogs (feeding / meal prep / cuddling / walking).
- cleaning up after the dogs (toileting / brushing / bathing / laundry).
- * personal care (help dressing if needed, ie putting on on a bra, placing arm cover over plaster arm cast so I can shower, and help removing cover, help putting hair up on occasion, putting on sunscreen (I burn all year round). First aid if required.
* I am only wanting female workers, who will be available for each day to help me during my recovery, due to the personal nature of care. [I do not require help toileting / showering].
I also have chronic medical conditions, including: Asthma, Crohn’s Disease (IBD), Rheumatoid Arthritis, ADHD, Chronic pain, fatigue, all the fun stuff. So I am limited in my energy and spend lots of time in bed.
Outside of my wrist surgery recovery, these are my usual tasks I am trying to tackle:
MOST TASKS CAN BE DONE IN THE AFTERNOONS / EVENINGS.
Household jobs may include:
- thorough cleaning of the home.
- organising the spare room to create office / art / sewing space.
- de-cluttering / organising belongings in bedrooms / kitchen / lounge.
- sorting, photographing & listing clothes & household items for sale online.
- laundering & general daily house chores (dishes / tidying up after the dogs / vacuuming).
- Computer - editing photos and selecting for printing
- weeding / watering / help with reporting plants in the small courtyard garden.
- cleaning up after the dogs.
- Organising the outdoor tool shed.
- Dog walking / training / cuddles.
Max 5 hours per day, 5 days per week,
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ I (Felicity) have multiple chronic medical conditions, and need lots of rest, so I will help out when I can, but will require workers to be independent, and help without supervision the majority of times.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ As I am relatively new to Workaway, i would prefer experienced helpers / travellers with a good work ethic, good - excellent English, a mature relaxed nature and, I can't say this enough = YOU MUST LOVE DOGS! :)
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
Guests have use of the large very comfortable couch, or the single bed in the living area, bedding, towels and basic toiletries.
[ Once the spare room is set up with the single bed guests can sleep in there].
The 2 bedroom unit has lounge / kitchen, European laundry (no dryer), and single bathroom / toilet.
A Split System air conditioner / heater in the lounge for cooling and heating the house. We also have central heating for the cold winter months.
NBN internet is provided (limited downloads).
The small kitchen is fully catered with cooking & baking equipment, gas stove top and electric oven, coffee machine, air fryer, dehydrator, but no dish washer (sorry hand wash only).
As guests will be helping to cook meals, they are welcome to share food / tea / coffee / meals.
I have a lot of dietary restrictions so can’t eat most healthy options. Eat mostly chicken, cheese and wine.
* Allergic to crustaceans- ban on bringing into the house (shrinp / crab, etc, often in Asian sauces).
You are also welcome to cook for yourself or enjoy the variety of local restaurants.
Cheese & wine nights are very common :)
Guests are welcome to chill out in the lounge or courtyard with the pups, explore the local neighbourhood, Latrobe university campus parks & cafe's, or hit the city sights in their down time
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Yes, have NBN connection Aussie Broadband.
On street parking available. Smaller van may fit in the secure car space behind roller door in backyard, for storage. I park in the driveway.
Fully vaccinate dogs who are friendly, sociable, toilet trained and can tolerate anxiety / fear reactive behaviour from a dominant female dog (Sansa).
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week