We are a vibrant family of four (me and my three boys) living in the Netherlands just outside the city in an experimental young neighbourhood with lots of urban agriculture. We are surrounded by families and communities who try to live in a more ecological and often more communal way. It's an great place to be if you're interested in sustainability, self sufficient way of live.
We are developping a house and try to live as sustainable as we possibly can.
With developing the plot, the building project and three kids, there are a lot of tasks te be done, like general maintenance on the house, carpentry, construction work/building things (from a chickencoop to a tiny house), maintenance around the house, in the garden to be (scything!), mechanics and more. You are more than welcome if you're good at 1 or 2 things from the mainlist and could help with something from the other list aswell. It's good to know that the kids are homeschooled and will be around a lot. You have to be comfortable with that.
Besides 'doing' all the stuff, I find it important to have time for 'being' aswell. To slow down. To connect. For this reason I practice yoga, I meditate and I like doings things the oldskool way (I use a scythe instead of a mower, I chop wood with my axe as a form of meditation).
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de animales
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
In our family you could learn about/practice with:
- homeschooling (unschooling)
- non violent communication
- sustainable living
- creative thinking
In this area there are opportunities to learn about/practice:
- ecological projects
- living self sufficient
- I can teach you how to slaughter a chicken
- scything (I'll pay for a workshop to learn how to scyth if you will)
- brotherhood gatherings
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
My first goal is to round of some unfinished projects:
- changing the forkseals of my Yamaha Dragstar
- run a compression test of my CBR600F ('87)
- if needed: further problemsolving of my CBR600F
(for these projects I'm looking for a skilled volunteer, since I'm a beginner myself)
- create a nice living space by tidying up the this and thats that seem to be lying around everywhere
Other projects that are on my list:
- maintenance on the house (renew part of the floor, fix a damp wall, some painting)
- building a chickencoop
- transforming a portable office/unit into a self sufficiënt tiny house
- transforming the other portable office/unit into a workshop where we can do some woodworking and engine mechanics
- building a shed for the bicycles
Things you could do besides the ones above:
- doing fun, cool and active things with the kids
- animal care (we have a cat and 2 chickens)
- keeping up the house
- keeping upt the garden to be
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
I would like to improve my English and are happy to help you learning Dutch.
You can stay in a caravan that comfortably fits two people. It has a fixed bed with a matras and a separate sitting area, a little kitchen and a toilet. You can also bring your own campervan/motorhome.
You can use the bathroom in the house and the same goes for the laundrymachine and tumble dryer. I can provide bedding or you can bring your own.
You can join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We do eat meat (from grassfed cows) and dairy and try to do this as consciously as possible. Part of our vegatables come from a Community Supported Agriculture veggiegarden.
-breakfast: homebaked bread, yoghurt or oats.
- lunch: bread, veggies, sometimes soup
- dinner: homecooked meal
Things you can enjoy around here:
- walk in the forest
- go for a swim
- light a fire (woodstove in the house and a little fireplace outside)
- enjoy the hammock
- ecstatic dance
- drink good coffee
We live just outside the city. There is a lot of green and (urban) agriculture. There is also a forrest in walking distance and a few spots where you can go swimming on a hot summer day.
There is a biological market every saturday and the supermarket plus some convenient stores are at 7 minutes cycling.
I don't own a car. You can use a bicycle (I can arrange one) or public transport. If neccesary and possible I can drive you somewhere (I can use a shared car or you can hop on the back of my motorbike ;-) ).
It's a 25 minute drive by car to Amsterdam and 25 minutes cycling to the nearest trainstation. Public transport is about a 15 minute walk away, but nog frequent.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión puede proporcionar un sitio para autocaravanas.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week