We are looking for FEMALES (fully vaccinated!)
We always need someone who helps with cleaning the house and doing other household duties.
Apart from that we are looking for
someone VEGAN with cooking experience (vegan, healthy, low calory)
a LIBRARIAN with German language skills
Someone who is experienced and good at REPAIRING things in the house or garden
someone with very good COMPUTER skills (soft- and hardware) on an expert level
someone who can teach playing the GUITAR or PIANO
There are certain periods during the year, when we prefer to accept a person with certain skills, and with other skills at other times (e. g. French before an important exam ...). Sometimes we don't host at all for various reasons.
So, if you belong to one of the groups above, but we can't accept you, please don't take it as a personal rejection.
Please feel free and read the lines below. We'd be happy to get a workaway-request from you.
If you'd like to get a positive reply, be so kind and refer your request to our profile. We don't like copy-paste requests.
We have already had many people living with us: au-pairs, couchsurfers, volunteers. It has always been a great experience for us to bring the world into our house. We learn so many new aspects and the children get very open-minded.
ABOUT OUR FAMILY
We are a bilingual (German, English) family of 4. All conversation is bilingual.
Our kids were born in 2002 and 2003. Our son won't be at home as he spends a year in Uganda.
We are all very busy, so please don't expect us to spend much time together.
If there is still time left we like enjoying our garden, cycling or going to the theatre.
We are looking for women, who would like to spend some time in a green area of Vienna (metro close by, 25 minutes to the city center, still zone 1 ticket) and offer their help. In return we offer free accommodation and food.
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
We are very happy to assist you with discovering Vienna. You will find out that Vienna is more than just a historical city without royalties. It has always been a melting point of many cultures from East and West, in history as well as today. Did you know that one of the four UN-headquarters is in Vienna? Don't miss a guided tour there! Don't miss experiencing the international life, that is far more than tourism.
You will be surprised, why we have no garbage in Vienna though we don't export it (we even import it from other countries). You will discover that Vienna has more than 100 km of beaches open to the public, though we have no sea. You will find out how and why everyone is able to afford living in an apartment within Vienna and does not have to commute. You will learn that Austria's school system is completely different from any other countries. All that is part of forwards thinking and acting strategies. You will discover, why Vienna - together with Melbourne - is always rated as the city with the highest living quality in the world.
WHAT WE EXPECT:
(Make sure you can identify really well.)
1) You are very independent and no stranger to travelling, love to explore the area by yourself and make new friends, because we are a very busy family and cannot spend much time with you - that is the reason why we need your help.
2) You don't need meat: food is vegan. Be aware of the fact, that vegan food is very different from what you might know. You are either experienced with vegan meals or you must be open to completely different cooking. Austrian food is completely different from German, Italian, French or English cuisine, because it is very influenced by (south)eastern European countries such as Hungary, Czech Republic, Serbia ... In summer it might happen that you eat the same vegetables from the garden for a few days, in winter you should be fine with traditional winter vegetables such as cabbage ... Don't expect us to go to restaurants. When going on an outing or holidays we'll take along our picnic lunch.
3) You are a non-smoker (no smoking outside either) and don't take illegal drugs.
4) You get up early, get your jobs done and enjoy Vienna afterwards. You get off at least two, sometimes three or even four days per week (if you prefer to work more hours the other days).
5) You don't hang out half or all night in bars and pubs, but adapt to the family's rhythm and usually return by 10pm during the week. We go to bed early and have to get up at 6 am. Days in Vienna generally start and end earlier than in other countries. Also be aware that you won't live in a students' environment with late hours, but with a family. If you come from a country where people get up late and stay out long, please think about it, if you are really willing to change your rhythm.
6) You want to support the family and can see where work has to be done (without being told) such as emptying the dishwasher, cleaning the dining table or kitchen surfaces and do not only wait for the list of duties; you work quickly and efficiently, do not waste like half a day on just little jobs.
7) You would like to stay for at least 2-3 weeks, the longer the better. Anything shorter means more work for us. Once we have explained the jobs, you would already leave.
8) You keep your room and all areas in the house clean and tidy.
9) We have got a garden, so you have to be able to cope with nature, like spiders or grasshoppers in the house or slugs and ants in the garden.
10) If you grew up in a family with a cleaner or parents that didn't expect much of your assistance, be aware that you will find a very different environment, where everyone is expected not only to deal with his or her personal issues, but is also responsible for the group's / family's common tasks. You will be a member of our family.
If you can arrange well with this: Then you are the person we are looking for :)
HOW DOES YOUR JOB LOOK LIKE?
- about 18 hrs. per week
- household duties: cleaning (also bathrooms), hanging up laundry, preparing vegetables ... (the advantage of this is that you are slightly flexible with your working hours)
- if you are good at something mentioned above, you will spend less time with cleaning
- working in the garden
- anything you are good at and we need :) Just tell us.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- free accommodation (a room, shower and toilet for your own), in a house with a garden and a small pool
- food: Food is meat-free. Be aware that there won't be a cooked meal every day. But you are welcome to cook for yourself. Just help yourself with all the food from the fridge or cupboards.
- flexibility with working time: if you decide to work a lot on a few days, you can take more full days off per week. We can easily arrange that, but should know your plans in advance.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
- room with a huge double bed, shower and toilet for your own
- for families: extra matresses on the floor available, limited space
- TV, radio, CD-player, unlimited WIFI in your room
- in a house with a garden and a small pool
- in the middle of a quiet settlement
- still in Vienna (no extra zones for the public transportation)
I am sorry, but we can only accept you if you have a valid health insurance that covers Austria.
- if you would like to stay for a longer period:
If you haven't got a European passport: Be aware that it is very difficult to stay in the European Union for longer than 3 months. As soon as you have arrived you will have to register at the authorities in Vienna. If your status is unclear (no valid visa), you unfortunately can't stay with us.
Please don't hesitate and ask all the questions you have. It is important to know all aspects in advance - for both sides.
We are looking forward to your request and to meeting you soon.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión ha indicado que le encanta acoger a nómadas digitales.
about 18 hours per week, sometimes afternoons + weekends, max 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: