Welcome on our little farm in Schmalfelden, a village in the south of Germany. I live together with my parents Klaus (55) and Martina (50) and grandparents Elsa (83) and Richard (83) on the ranch. My grandparents are living on the ranch and they could need now and then a hand to help. Because of this it would be usefull to speak conversational german.
- I am studying mechanical engineering and will finish at the end of august.
- I play guitar and piano
- I love horses (often I go to a friend to work with her horses. You are warmly welcome to join me.)
- I made my own workaway experience in USA and Canada
- she grows the best tomatoes and cucumbers
- has excellent baking skills
- sometimes a little bit hard of hearing
- likes to sew
- she loves to care about her flowers in the garden and house
- always comes up with new ideas of handicraft work
- is good at repairing all sorts of things (even when everyone else thinks it's not repairable;))
- likes to make his own liqueur with fruits from the garden
- has always a joke to tell
- is a bit shy of speaking english ;)
- she loves singing and also plays guitar
- she would also like to cook some regional food or bake together with you ( If you like cooking or baking you can show her some recipes from your home :)
- he loves to bike ( you are welcome to join him, with pleasure he shows you the best places in the area)
- makes the best steaks on earth :D
Our farm has a big garden where you can relax in summer.
We have rabbits, chicken, cats, pigeons.... and fields where potatoes and carrots, strawberry ...are grown.
Of course you can also eat all the fruits and vegetables (depending on the season) and eggs from our chickens.
Schmalfelden has about 200 inhabitants. The next shops to buy groceries are 5 min away by car. There is no opportunity nearby to go partying like a disco. But in summer there are a lot of activities in the villages and cities reachable with the bicycle. If I meet some friends you also can join me. So there should be enough opportunities for your leasure time.
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en una granja
Cuidado de animales
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
You can learn German, and also our dialect (hohenlohisch) if you want to:)
- learn about gardening
- learn baking and cooking (e.g. spätzle a typical south german dish)
- learn about forestry
- learn to drive a tractor
- wood crafts
- animal care
For the length of your stay we would recommend about 3 -6 weeks. Of course other arrangements can be made depending on your and our situation:)
After finishing my bachelor thesis I will be at home for one month. I am looking for some help to renovate a appartment in the house of my grandparents. I will move to this appartment in winter. Maybe you have already some experiences in wallpapering and painting?
If you don't want to work inside, there is also a lot of work outside to do.
- garden chores
- helping Richard repairing things on the farm
- small household tasks
- bring the wood from the forest to the ranch
- cut wood
- painting walls
- feeding animals (cats, rabbits, chickens ...)
- help cooking
- help Elsa and Richard with their Tablets
- help Martina learn english
- restoration projects
Those are just a few examples on where you can help, but we are flexible whatever you are interested in or what skills you have:)
Also the hours are flexible, it could be that some days you have to help more than 4 hours and other days you get a day off because there is nothing to do.
If you want to do a longer trip , of course we can make an arrangement that you will get a few more days off:) In summer I am also going to visit some friends in Munich, Heidelberg and Regensburg on the weekends. So if you want to do some sightseeing in this cities you can accompany me.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
You will have your own appartment together with the other workawayers. Sometimes you will cook your own meals in the appartment kitchen, sometimes together with the whole family. Everybody gets his own privat room with a comfortable bed. The appartment also has a balcony to eat outside or relax.
I could bring you to the next train or busstation by car so you can visit on your days off bigger cities nearby like Würzburg, Nürnberg, Heidelberg, Stuttgart ....
Not far from our village are also nice places to see like Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Langenburg and Weikersheim.
Definitely you could also borrow one of our bikes to explore and enjoy the surrounding and landscape in your freetime.
Last year we had a very nice workaway experiance on our farm. Dancing Salsa, visiting Würzburg and Rothenburg ob der Tauber, barbecueing ... :) I wanna have this back.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week