We are a Polish-Mongolian couple based in Karakorum, the ancient capital of Mongolia placed in the heart of the country, around 360 km from Ulan Bator. My name is Agata and I come from Poland. I came to Mongolia as a researcher and found my home here. Tamir Samandbadraa - my husband, who is a well known Mongolian artist calligrapher and I live in an old house which we are turning into a guest house. The house has four rooms, restaurant, little library and calligraphy studio. There are also couple of yourts in the backyard and 3 garages that we will turn into sauna and... we are open to other ideas! There is a lot of place outside that can be turned into garden or recreational space. Come and see!
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de animales
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
- learn about Mongolian culture and life in the Mongolian country side
- visit the historical capital and one of the most important Buddhist centres of the country
- learn calligraphy or painting techniques (Mongolian calligraphy from Tamir and Tibetan calligraphy from Agata, oil painting etc.)
- try Mongolian cuisine, the traditional food and horse milk drink, all natural and fresh from Mongolian countryside
- we can help you arrange a horse trip or give you other advice on travelling in Mongolia
- and many others
There is a lot of work of all kinds that you can help us with. We need help with any of the following:
- small renovation works in the house
- plumbery etc.
- rain water system and other kinds of sustainable, ecological house systems
- arranging space in the backyard
- gardening (watering the plants, plucking the bad weeds and also creating and caring for a small vegetable garden and small flower garden)
- decoration of the building from the inside and outside
- building the sauna
- making a little fountain
- social media promotion, website
-taking good photos of our place
- preparing beds and cleaning rooms for the guests of our guest house
- all kinds of house work like cleaning the rooms, washing things in the washing mashine, washing the dishes etc.
-feeding our dog and cat
- any other type of work you can do!
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
You can stay in one of the rooms or in the yourt, as you wish! We can accomodate a family or a single person. We can provide food but sometimes you have too cook for yourself. It is possible to arrange vegetarian or vegan food options (ingredients). For meet eaters there is no better place than Mongolia as Mongolian diet consists mostly of meat and milk products.
Our place is located just next to the local bus station and market place. It is a 15 minutes walk from the biggest attraction of Karakorum - the Erdene Zuu monastery and the city's museum, and only 3 km from the beautiful Orkhon river valley. There is a lot of things to discover around. We have 2 bicycles which you can use or we can give you a drive around in our car to the places you want to visit. Our friends organize horse trips in the area so we can easily arrange a trip for you or give you other travel advice that you wish.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
You can work in our common room which has a lot of space and wifi.
We have a lot of space!
We love animals.
Más de dos
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: