25 “me gusta”
Welcoming gardening help in April
We are a multi-cultural (German/Vietnamese) family of three who bought a beautiful Rustico (former farmhouse with natural stone walls) in the Apennine mountains in the Northern part of Tuscany, approx. 37km North of the city of Lucca. The house, beautifully located at 850m above sea level in a very peaceful and secluded forest area, is renovated to a large extent, however still needs work on the outside. There is a small guest house close to the main house with its own bathroom. Around the house is a large forest area with many old chestnut trees, which also need maintenance (e.g. deadwood removal).
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
We are coming from a diverse cultural background and have seen many parts of the world. We look at a rich life and travel experience which we like to share with others as much as we like to cook and share our food and wine with our guests.
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
Depending on your skills and preferences, there are a couple of things to do:
- Remove deadwood and fallen trees from the garden/forest around the house and chop them into firewood for the wintertime. We have already cut a couple of trees into pieces and they now need to get carried to the house for chopping. The work can be quite strenuous because the area around the house is pretty steep. You should be physically fit and/or enjoying a good workout in nature.
- There are two rooms in the basement of the main house in which we would like to lay tiles and plaster the walls.
- Plant various plants around the house and along the access road to the house.
- Build a natural stone wall along the access road to the house
- Build a wooden terrace.
- Help in the house, e.g. cleaning, taking care of Liam
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
We'd like to improve our Italian! We're also happy to help you improve your German or start learning Vietnamese.
You can sleep in the guest house which has its own bathroom. Alternatively, in case you're a true nature lover: we plan to install a tree tent underneath the chestnut trees, further up the hill behind the house. We'll take care of food and drinks
The house lies pretty remotely with limited public transport (public bus transport with a low frequency). It takes 15-20 minutes to get to the next village and train station by car (we are happy to pick you up from the train station in case you don't come in your own car). If you are looking for tranquility, peace, fresh air, and breathtaking views, you'll find it all at our place. Go hiking is a natural choice, we also have many books at our place. The region is - other than the Southern part of Tuscany - not touristy. You find many small and authentic villages in the area (Coreglia Antelminelli, Barga, Garfagnana) that are worth visiting. Lucca is the closest bigger tourist attraction, approx. 45min by car but also reachable by train.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
There's enough space in our forest for a midsize camper. However, the access road is bumpy in some parts (for approx. 400m), requiring careful driving.
Dogs are welcome. Cats are not possible due to allergies in our family.
Maximal 4-5 Stunden am Tag, 5 Tage die Woche