We are a group of avid travellers who fulfilled the dream of opening our own hostel in Varkala, Kerala, towards the end of 2021. Given the lovely response and warm messages we are continuing to receive from our guests, we will be opening our second hostel in Gokarna! We have chosen a large and beautiful beachside property in Gokarna (2 minutes walk to Gokarna Middle Beach) lined with coconut trees. The concept is to have a vibrant and eco-friendly backpacker hostel and create volunteering opportunities with local farms and businesses to give back to the community.
But first, we are seeking volunteers ourselves to set up the hostel! We will definitely need help in multiple areas such as:
2. Yoga Teacher to start providing classes in the yoga shala which is already set up
3. Digital Marketing & Content Creation
4. Carpentry help
5. Manual tasks (such as painting)
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Travellers will get to experience all aspects of our beloved Indian culture. The property is very secluded and peaceful, so you will be able to just relax, meditate, practice yoga or go the beach. You will get a great understanding of the hospitality and hostel industry through this experience. Also, Gokarna has lots of activities (even in off-season) in which you can indulge in your spare time!
Expanding on the areas in which we are seeking help:
1. Art - We are looking for artists to display their talent and decorate our walls! We are open to literally any kind of wall art like paintings, murals, mandalas, caricatures and so on (as long as the supplies are within a reasonable budget). We would love to look at your art portfolio and you will be provided with all the necessary supplies.
2. Yoga Teacher - We are looking for a certified yoga teacher who can conduct classes for drop-in guests. We would ideally like classes to be conducted both in the mornings and evenings. Our semi-open yoga shala is already set up with fans, lights and yoga mats, and we would love to create a community of yoga lovers centered around you.
3. Digital Marketing - We are seeking to promote our hostel with teasers and snippets of the property before the launch. Our current marketing strategy is primarily done through Instagram, where we have garnered about 1,000 followers over these 5 months. The idea is to keep our followers engaged and in the know about expanding our hostel brand to Gokarna. As the project nears completion, we would like quality photographs and vlogs done around the property. We also have a very undeveloped website at the moment, and would like to fill it with detailed blogs, information and videos about Gokarna.
4. Carpentry - We are considering having some hand-made wooden furniture for the reception and common areas of the hostel. Anyone with carpentry expertise would be really welcome!
5. Manual tasks - We need lots of hands to help us and our laborers with work in the property! Manual work will involve painting, basic landscaping, cleaning of common areas and other simple odd tasks. Additionally, any one that can cook meals for the community of volunteers and staff will be sought after.
You will be provided with either a private room or a bunk bed in our dorms. All rooms are non-A/C, but since it is monsoon season currently, it will be cool enough to just have a fan in your room. For food, there are a lot of great cafes nearby serving good food at reasonable prices. Sometimes, we will cook community meals for all volunteers and staff members to which you are more than welcome :)
Gokarna is mainly known for its treks from beach to beach, which are truly one of a kind experience! Some of the beaches are also camping friendly. It is rainy season now in Gokarna, so please do come with a trusty raincoat! The water activities like surfing, kayaking and stand-up paddling will resume only in September/ October. The cafes in Gokarna are amazing, serving everything from dosas to thalis to pizza to continental items (Its obvious that I am a foodie :D). Goa is also just 100 kilometers away, and the waterfalls there are beautiful during this season.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
We have high speed internet in the common areas of the property.
We are dog friendly.
Más de dos
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week