I am Sandrine, 39 years old, married and mother of two girls and one little boy.
Coming from western Cameroon I grew up in a francophone area but as Cameroon is a bilingual country I like talking in English whenever I can.
My favourite activitiy is engaging in humanitairy aid and that's why I created a non profit organisation in 2009. Following are the goals I am fighting for:
- Building a health care, rehabilitation and reintegration centre for mentally ill people in Cameroon, making mentally ill people earn money by working in reforestation
- Driving local research on mental diseases
- Empower psychology students to work as local therapists
- Promoting the integration of patients by participatory discussion groups between sick people, healed people and the patient's families
- Raise awareness among families of the patient by explaining how to live with mentally ill people, talk about their rights (many women are abused and treated like they are not human. Some are separated from their children and can't see them again) as well as about their contribution to the improvement of the illness.
- Promoting mental health as essential to social development through by organising seminars in collaboration with professionals of the field of mental health;
- Meeting the challenge of African superstition experienced by patients by raising awareness for the fact that patients are not a pariah;
- Promote positive attitudes about mental health;
- Create a clothing and a pharmaceuticals bank for them (your donations would be very valuable for this point)
- Organize donation days of food, clothing etc for the needy (children and patients);
We need volunteers to be able to achieve those goals.
Unfortunately, we need to ask you for a small fee of US $2. We really need it to cover the volounteers daily costs.
Please feel free to visit our website () or to contact me (email@example.com) in case you are curious to learn more about my nonprofit organisation. I would be happy to answer further questions.
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Trabajo de caridad
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
You will really experience the Cameroonian culture by living together with me and my family in Yaoundé and take part in our everyday life. Learn to cook our meal, speak our mother tongue etc.
- Planning further steps on how to build a health care and rehabilitation centre for mentally ill people in Cameroon while implementing work in reforestation
- Setting up an emergency helpline for mentally ill people
- Organising seminars on mental health
- Setting up campaigning projects to raise social awareness
- Building colaborations with local Universities to drive research
- Helping to write a grant application
- Assisting in data collection (needs and difficulties faced daily by the families of the sick, and the sicks themselves ) to target the needs and find appropriate solutions. We will visit patients in their home and out a directory of addresses of patients in need.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
1 room in my house
You will experience a socio-cultural integration in a multi-ethnic environment and take part in the daily life of an ordinary Cameroonian citizen. You will discover our traditional recipes, music, dances etc. and by also sharing yours we will make your stay an experience of intercultural exchange.
I am open-minded, dynamic, always joyfull and very curious to get in touch with you.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
we will plan it with the volunteer (max 25 hours)