1026 “me gusta”
Children's Trust was started by a Christian woman who had a heart for saving the life of one of South Africa's orphans. 23 years on and the home has grown into an established place of safety that houses 40 children (ages 2-17) and provides for all their needs, including an on-site primary school.
We seek to care for and provide for our children and transform them from their broken backgrounds into children with dreams, ambitions and a love for Jesus!
We aim to achieve this through housing them in 'safe houses' with house mothers, providing primary education onsite, running activities such as sports/art/music etc. to help them learn new skills and ultimately loving them as any child deserves to be.
Our volunteers are so valuable to us, they allow us to support, love and provide activities for all our children. And in return, our children will make you feel like you have a whole new family that you will hold in your heart even after you have left!
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27NIV
Niñera / cuidado de niños
Mantenimiento / bricolage
Ayuda en una granja
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda de caridad
Ayuda informática / Internet
The trust offers an excellent opportunity to interact with children from tough backgrounds which is challenging work but at the same time extremely rewarding. Volunteers can positively impact these kid' lives and also gain an insight into the lives of orphans and vulnerable children.
This also provides an opportunity to learn more about South African culture and gives a chance to visit the surrounding areas on the days off (incl. The Garden Route, local game parks, local beaches, local markets, food etc.)
This is a Christian organisation, ran by Christians who seek to love and serve as we believe we are called to do. These beliefs and values are expected to be respected and upheld by volunteers during their time here.
- Creating and running developmental and sports games for the children out of school hours
- Helping children with homework and preparation for tests
- Providing a positive role model for children who have come from devastating backgrounds
- Building relationships with children and staff
- Playing a role in keeping the Farm and School environmentally clean
- Helping with fundraisers and events we are organising
English and isiXhosa
- Accommodation is very rustic, shared and ‘backpacker-style’. Showers are shared and volunteers are expected to clean their rooms and to keep them neat and tidy. Bedding is provided, however, volunteers are asked to bring their own towels.
- A laundry facility is available but volunteers are expected to do their own laundry and to provide their own washing powder.
-Please note that hot water for showering is not guaranteed. We do not receive municipal water and so rely on dam- and rainwater. Water is thus a precious commodity and should be used sparingly. For the drinking water we do have a filter machine which filters rainwater.
- Volunteers join our children for their meals and as such are provided with three meals a day. Breakfast usually consists of porridge, while lunches and dinners include a tasty variety of nourishing meals. (Meals are prepared daily by our team of on-site aunties)
- No WIFI is provided on the farm, it is recommended to buy a South African SIM card (Vodacom).
There is a great variety of extra activities to do on your days off. We have formed excellent partnership with several amazing tourism establishments, including:
-Morgan Bay Hotel
-Morgan Bay Yellow Wood Backpackers
-Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve
-Yellow Sand beach
There are numerous other attractions in the Eastern Cape, including many spectacular beach locations and the beautiful Addo Elephant National Park (about 3 hours away by road).
If you are planning on travelling around South Africa a little, especially along the beautiful coastline, it is worth looking at BazBus as an option.
Flights to Cape Town are affordable if bought ahead of time.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Más de dos
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: