We are a dynamic international NGO and social enterprise, established to provide opportunities for Young People and Communities in the UK; the Middle East & North Africa; the Caucasus; and the Balkans, through Reconciliation for Development; Professional development activities; Sport for Peace; Volunteering; a youth-led e-Journal; Educational and Skills development programmes; Cultural learning; and Youth Exchanges.
We also deliver Women Economic Empowerment programmes; Gender Equality activities; and aims to support regional NGO’s with their capacity building through Development Consultancy.
The project objectives for the volunteers are:
1. Volunteers actively volunteer on the reconciliation agenda & support youth-led social action;
2. Support diverse projects implemented with refugees in Eskisehir,
3. Learn about our programmes and Network;
4. Volunteers learn about different types of reconciliation tools i.e. Sport for Peace; Simulation Games; Effective Communication for Reconciliation; Interfaith Dialogue; Mediation;
5. Volunteers learn about Informal learning techniques to resolve conflict within their communities;
6. Volunteers learn about Social Action, Solidarity & Citizenship & the ESC agenda;
7. Volunteers supports local social action activities.
8. Volunteers learn about different societies to promote Social Tolerance and fight against xenophobia and conflicts;
9. Wider skills include: Leadership; Team Building; Communication; Social Awareness; as well as several wider EU Key Competencies;
10. The Volunteers will support on a wider administrative tasks related to our transnational strategy & partnership.
The opportunity is open only for UK young people from 18-30 years old for 10 months to support the project in Turkey.
Our place is designed for people interested in peace building, social action and making a difference in countries’ affected by conflict. It also focuses on the development of a network throughout 14 different countries.
As well as being based in Eskisehir, Turkey, the volunteering placement could potentially guarantee wider free travel opportunities (depending on the COVID-19 situation).
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
Volunteers will have a single room in a shared apartment with other volunteers (at the moment there is one volunteer who started his placement from beginning of January), apartments basic bills will be paid for by the host partner (Electricity/Gas/Water/WiFi etc.). Each apartment will have a shared bathroom, kitchen and living area and will meet EU Health & Safety standards. The apartment is located 25 minutes by foot from the city centre.
The volunteer will receive montly 170 EUR as food allowance and pocket money. They can either eat outside or cook in the apartment in the shared kitchen.
This is a fully funded opportunity and Accommodation, Travel grant, Bills, Subsistence payment, monthly 'pocket money' and language learning budget.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week