Favorito 178 vezes
If you can stay for 1 month we will try our best to pick you up from the airport. Energetic couples welcome.
We are a small family run not-for-profit campground in Magnetawan, Ontario, Canada. This camp has been in our family for more than 50 years. We have 9 cabins on Lake Cecebe that we rent to families and there are also spots for tents. Our Camp is located in Magnetawan, Ontario, Canada (3 hours drive north of Toronto).
In July we run special programs for families with children who have Autism or other special needs. We also run a Vegan week and other events like Meditation Retreats.
All of us who help at the camp are volunteers. You will see that we are very friendly and believe in giving freely of our time and talents and we are looking for people who share a similar personality.
We have been happy to host:
Jono from New Zeland
Katie from Scotland
Nathan from France
Laila from Germany
Anika from Germany
Varena from Germany
Godyl from Italy
Henrik from Germany
another Varena from Germany
Joe from England
Ross from Ireland
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Cuidar de crianças/atividades criativas
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
You will have the benefit of experiencing the beauty of Northern Ontario - pristine lakes, wildlife, fresh air, serenity. You will feel rewarded for helping an organization that is truly giving back. If you are learning English, you will have a lot of opportunities to practice. We also love playing music and singing around the campfire. Everyone who joins us leaves feeling like family.
Este projeto pode envolver crianças. Para mais informações, veja aqui nossas diretrizes e dicas.
We are looking for one or two people who can help in the following areas (they are listed in order of priority):
1. Cleaning Cabins- we need someone who has attention to detail and can help us clean cabins. Cleaning would be less than 10 hours per week.
2. Building - we need someone who has carpentry skills. We would like to build a tiny cabin. You can visit our website or look in the photos below to see a sample of one that we already have.
3. Gardening - since we are so busy running programs, we struggle every year to get a vegetable garden going. Help here would be great.
4. Landscaping - we have a lot of grass to cut so helpers should be comfortable using a lawnmower, weed-wacker and riding lawnmower. Brush removal. Stacking wood. Working on trails.
5. General Maintenance - should be handy enough to fix small repairs (hole in a screen door, wobbly picnic table). Painting.
6. Social Media - we would love more help posting regularly to our website, facebook and instagram.
*️️️️️️️️️️️IMPORTANT*️️️️️️️️️️️ this is a family camp. Responsible alcohol consumption is acceptable when not directly interacting with the guests. Intoxication is never permitted. We are looking for mature people who are looking for a peaceful place to spend their summer and are eager to chip in.
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
We speak fluent English and would like to learn Spanish.
In May and June we can offer you a rustic fully equipped cabin (see the website for photos and descriptions). In July & August, we can offer you a small trailer with a proper bed or a bunk cabin (the other cabins are filled with customers). You will have access to a well equipped shared kitchen and a hot shower room. We also have wifi.
Please note! We are vegan and only prepare vegan meals. Please don't let this discourage you as we are fantastic cooks!
There is so much to see and do in your spare time. We have canoes, kayaks and pedal boats which you are free to use to explore the lake. We also have a nice beach for swimming and a great beach volleyball court. There is a quaint town nearby with a beautiful park, trails etc. There are rapids nearby and artsy places to visit. But mostly, this is a place to SLOW DOWN and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Este anfitrião pode fornecer espaço para vans.
Mais de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: