Favorito 498 vezes
We run a little cat sanctuary at home. They were sick/dying street cats we found around the city. We adopt, vaccine & neuter them. we do not consider them pets, they are now our children. We've recently started to work with the local city government to neuter street cats with their financial assistance.
At the same time, we also try to do some community / social work in keeping the neighborhood a more pleasant place to live.
And there is a no-alcohol & no-smoking policy at this home (indoor AND outdoor) ... bad influence to our children.
Prática de idiomas
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Companhia para idosos
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Cuidar de animais
Ajuda em fazenda
Cuidar de crianças/atividades criativas
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
Workawayers will live in a suburban middle-class neighborhood & see/experience real Malaysian day to day way of life.
1) you may get the chance of meeting my relatives/friends at their homes if we happen to visit them during your stay.
2) if time permits (& cost-sharing) we can take you see interesting places that are not easily accessible with public transport like the Kuala Selangor Firefly Colony, the beach of Port Dickson, the highlands of Cameron Highlands or Fraser's Hill. There are hiking places too. And some waterfall not too far.
3) we prefer someone who like to join us meeting with the neighbors for socializing & participate in community helps,
4) if you are interested in cultures & religion, there are local mosques, temples, for you to visit. Visitors should not miss the chance in learning a little extra about Islam as you won't find it in neighbouring Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos etc whose people are mostly Buddhists. An Islamic learning centre (run by a former Buddhist) for non-muslims is nearby & they conduct lectures on Saturday mornings.
A non-smoker, respectful, emotionally stable, mature, disciplined, & punctual person would be the perfect candidate.
Need assistance in feeding, bathing, cleaning , bringing them to the vet & other related tasks. If you are lucky, some of them might want to join you in bed. Sometimes we go out looking for strays & feed them & you can assist me.
Our community work for the neighborhood includes keeping the area clean & tidy. We work with the local politicians & the City Hall to achieve this.
Our elderly mom also lives here at times, so you could assist in taking care of her if she is around.
Other domestic chores are also available, like house re-painting, cleaning, etc.
Expected stay is between 7 - 30 days.
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
We lead a frugal lifestyle at home & while travelling. This helps to support our Cat Sanctuary expenses that can sometimes exceed our own monthly food expenses due to their (cats) food & medical care. So please do not expect anything luxurious while staying.
Our home is in a quiet suburb of Petaling Jaya, a city located just outside Kuala Lumpur. Workawayer has the following options to sleep :--
1) a private guest room (with fan only) with 1 bunk-bed, you may need to share the room if there is another guest,
2) if the private room is unavailable/occupied, you may use the sofa bed in the common area,
3) if you have a camping tent, you may put it up in the lawn.
You have access to the kitchen & laundry. No food is provided. You can make yourself coffee/tea which is always available. Basic cooking ingredients are also available. Consumption of pork & alcohol is however forbidden in the house as it's a Muslim-majority dwelling.
Supermarkets offering local & international food are nearby and ready-made food from restaurants & hawkers are abundant & cheap. A typical meal is approximately between RM6 - RM10 (USD1.50 - USD2.50).
There is Wifi (500 Mbps) that you are free to use.
The nearest LRT (train) station is a mere 15 minutes walk (1.2km) from my home. The train will bring you directly to the Petronas Twin Towers within just 30 minutes, or to KL Sentral Terminal (the main transport hub) within 15 minutes. "GRAB" (car-hailing) service is easily available & cheap. In Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya there are free public bus services. we have 2 bicycles you can use. Due to common bicycle theft, you will need to place a cash deposit though.
There is a park with a lake within 15-20 minutes walk, if you like to run/jog.
You can also have access to a swimming pool & a gym at the condominium complex where we own another house, just 15 minutes drive away.
Food outlets are abundant within 10 minutes walk, if you do not feel like preparing your own.
If you will be out for the day, please come home before 23:00, or you will have to find a hotel room, seriously.
Workawayers will be screened for identification. Passport will need to be sighted & digital copied for my reference before acceptance. Your next-of-kin contact will also be requested for emergencies.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
We have 500 mbps internet connection
Este anfitrião pode fornecer espaço para vans.
Este anfitrião está aberto a aceitar viajantes com animais de estimação.
15 hours maximum per week (volunteers buy their own food)
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: