Currently have people with us at all time needed until:
Sept 30th, 2022 to October 10th, 2022 - Would prefer you arriving a couple days earlier and you're welcome to stay a couple days longer.
Dec 16th, 2022 to Jan 3, 2023 - Would prefer you arriving a couple days earlier and you're welcome to stay a couple days longer.
We are a married couple, both teachers, that love to travel! We are often gone extended periods of time in the summer and need help maintaining our property, caring for our two dogs, and gardening! Sometimes we will be around when you are, but most the time you will be on your own!
Prática de idiomas
Cuidar de animais
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
When we are around, we can share our favorite places to be outside in nature! If you plan on traveling more of the United States we can share some of the best places we've been! I am a health and physical education teacher, so I can teach about how to take care of your body and eat healthy. We cook most of our meals and can share some of our favorite recipes. We can teach gardening skills, basic life skills, and much more! We also live in the horse capital of the USA! Lots of beautiful horse country is a short drive away. If you're old enough, we have wonderful distilleries (bourbon), wineries, and breweries all within close proximity.
Este projeto pode envolver crianças. Para mais informações, veja aqui nossas diretrizes e dicas.
We will need help with 4 things:
1) Caring for our dogs - they are both 3 year olds who love exercise and play. One dog is a Beauceron mix (about 75 pounds) and the other is a beagle mix (30 pounds). Both dogs are super friendly, cuddly, and love to play! They need 3 walks/plays a day. During the summer the walks will be early (about sunrise) and late (about sunset) with a play/training somewhere in the middle of the day (normally in our basement or backyard). They also need to be fed 3 times a day, brushed daily, and loved often!
2) Lawncare - we have a yard that takes about an hour of work once every 5-7 days plus pulling weeds and watering plants on the front porch.
3) Gardening - we have a large garden plus a bunch of planters. We grow strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, cucumbers, peppers, hot peppers, tomatoes, spices, and more! While we are gone, you are welcome to eat everything but the grapes (we make wine from them). The garden is the most work, weeds need to be pulled, food needs to be picked and stored, and it needs to be watered often.
4) Upkeep of the house - During your stay we need help with basic things like vacuuming, mopping, dusting, etc.
Below are optional:
5) If you are great at maintenance of cars or homes there's always little things that can be done!
6) If you speak Spanish or French we can use your skill set to improve our language skills.
For accommodation, you will stay in our home. You will have your own bedroom and bathroom on the main level. We sleep upstairs with our own bathroom. You will have a small closet to yourself and be free to respectfully use our house as your own.
When we are home, we will help you with groceries (about $40 a week) and take you on hikes and adventures if you're interested. When we are away, you will have about $80 a week to use how you wish for groceries and entertainment.
We live close to downtown Lexington, it's an easy bike ride (you'll have a free bike to use as you wish). There's a beautiful indoor market with live music, 5 restaurants, groceries, and a multitude of small businesses all within easy walking distance. We have a great front porch and big back deck for the nice days and barbeques. We're also walking distance from a park with a community pool ($6 a day), basketball court, tennis courts, baseball fields etc!
Our expectations of someone are simple: show kindness and respect for our home, ourselves, and our animals!
We love teaching, traveling (we've been to all 50 states and 30+ countries), volleyball, the outdoors, entertaining friends and family, and finding good local drinks.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Has to be small, prolly 20' Max length.
Maximum 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week