Favorito 253 vezes
Be the part of helping people for practicing conversational English in the Nature Classes in Talawi, Sawahlunto, West Sumatra, Indonesia. Its an area where it has rich elements of untouchable nature and authentic culture.
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Prática de idiomas
What we exchange with our volunteers:
- Honestly, still no detail information about this places on the Internet :D. So probably you are going to see and feel the outstanding experience.
- An unforgettable experience not just the place, the people as well.
- The locals are mainly farmers allowing you to witness and experience genuine rural life in Sumatra.
- Teaching techniques. If you are already a teacher we can share our experiences.
- Cooking and eating local and traditional food both at the school and around the area. And if you are into some culinary stuffs, you can even learn the recipes from experienced chefs.
- Meeting local people around Padang and Sawahlunto. They are always eager to get to know volunteers because they don’t see a lot of foreigners.
My name is Akbar. I am a musician, writer, journalist, and activist, so ya, hopefully i can considered myself as a open minded person and very welcoming for everybody.
Am i? Join us and figure it out then :) .
I graduated from English literature faculty and also have at least 10 years experience of being a tour guide.
Actually, these are the reason that’s why I opened an private English conversational class. Because i found that there are still lots of West Sumatra people are having trouble in speaking English.
People in the surrounding villages only get a poor English language education throughout their schooling years.
At all ages, there is demand from the local population to have better English skills in order to open opportunities for them in the future.
If you feel like you can help, we are in contact with many enthusiastic High-Schools and University students who would like to improve their public speaking skills.
The classes are given either in the outdoor cottages or in the village gathering spot.
We can discuss the detailed schedule of classes when you contact me and we go further in planning your stay with us!
Essentially, my aim is to give the local population an ongoing and sustained contact with English-speakers to empower them in their future lives.
Especially as West-Sumatra is gradually opening up to tourism and since proficiency in English became almost indispensable for whoever aspires to higher social opportunities,
and professional positions.
1. If you are not a native speaker but you have experiences of teaching English or are confident that you can teach, you are still very welcome. We offer guidance on what to teach and how to teach it.
2. If you are not a native speaker and you have less experiences of teaching English or are confident that you can teach, please do not be worried,
the point is you can speak English and have an enthusiasm to sit, discuss, and sharing your experience with the students, as i mentioned above is about (conversational).
How to get here
if you use airplane to come here, you should fly to Minangkabau International Airport, Padang, West Sumatra.
After that, you just directly contacted me for the detail to get to Sawahlunto. Another option is that I will pick you up at the airport if I have free time.
You can directly find my place in Padang located in "Azura game house" Padang if you are staying around the city.
This is a very outstanding place where you can be sure your help will be warmly welcomed by everybody here!
Looking forward to reading from you! Let's help empower the local community together!
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
1. We provide a private bedroom with your own bathroom (the one in Talawi, Sawahlunto). In the bedroom there are some facilities such as a fan, mosquito net, pillow, blanket and mattress.
2. You can use every facility in my place, ranging from doing laundry to cooking food by yourself in the kitchen.
3. Our place are both located near the traditional market, so it will be easy to get some ingredients for food, and if we have free time we're willing to take you wherever and whenever you want.
4. We usually share and cook local food together.
Note: Please bring your own toiletries and towel with you.
You will not asking for more after you met me :), the combination of a knowledge and fun from a chill out musician dude, academic and journalist, everything will be awesome :) Hopefully.
Exploring the local areas in Sawahlunto, and Padang (Jungle trekking, Rivers, waterfalls, mountains, traditional markets, Boar hunt, estates) during free time, you know the best part is,
the area is LESS TOURISTIC and totally authentic. And within this area with us, we can granted some special access for instance; Mining area.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Mais de 2
Maximum 3-5 hours a day, 5 days a week