Originally from South Africa, I have come to Chile to live off the grid. Located in the wine lands of the most central area in Chile we have built two beautiful houses out of recycled material, a beautiful green house, and an amazing workshop. The goal of this project is to open up a hostel which not only houses is quest but also feeds them directly from the land. We are still quite a ways for getting there but it is a highly pleasurable journey. I do also travel around the country to surf, snowboard, climb, trek and skate (we also have a indoor 4,5 foot mini ramp for those who like to skate). The coat and major cities such as Valparaiso, Viña and Santiago are all a 45min bus ride away.
Top ten Points about my place
1) Amazing sunsets, beautiful view and peaceful environment
2) Incredible wine available in the Area
3) Interesting and fun working days
4) Plenty of time to relax and enjoy the peaceful Surrounding
5) Close proximity to three major cities
6) Options to join me on one of my expeditions into nature
7) Working with your hands
8) Good Food
9) Good people
10) Good times
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Prática de idiomas
Landscaping, organic farming techniques, carpentry and building techniques.
1) Planting maintaining and improving the green house as well as other out door gardens
2) Construction of Bathrooms for the hostel
3) Basic cleaning of personal habitation
4) Help with food prep kitchen (There will only be three people to cook for in total unless it is an social event and we like to take turns)
I like to share all the types of woking activities to your strengths and wants.
Generally we all work together.
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
I would provide you with your own private room and bathroom.
Casablanca is a wine valley located in-between the three major cities in Chile. Traveling by bus in Chile is very safe, reliable and affordable. I am able to drop you at the closest collection point which connects to any location. Also I tend to travel when I take my time off and am happy for all travelers to join me on my expeditions. I have been here for three years now so I have quite an extensive knowledge of the natural sights of the country. We are also located next door to a winery that offers wine tastings. I would like to work a 4 day week and have three days free to spend as you like. We like to eat fresh and healthy and appreciate good wine and conversation.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Always open to talk about your hours and mine to make something work
Este anfitrião pode fornecer espaço para vans.
Este anfitrião está aberto a aceitar viajantes com animais de estimação.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 4 days a week