2 “me gusta”
Looking for some peace and nature ?
Friendly couple would love some help with maintaining a big house and a permaculture garden in a nice countryside French medieval village. Some English practice would be very welcome too !
We are Françoise and Laurent, an "old" couple (we are around 60) who just changed life a year ago. We moved into a small village, Souvigny (nearby Moulins), in a nice large house with a big garden.
As we love gardening and learning things from nature, we started a permaculture garden. Françoise has already some gardening knowledges but by working in the garden, we hope to learn more !
Françoise was working in a kindergarten (Steiner pedagogy) for 20 years and stopped in July 2020. She is aiming to transform a part of the house into a Bed & Breakfast and maybe find other projects to work on. She practice yoga, is part of a choir, do a lot of manual activities (paper decoration, felted wool...) and takes care of her parents and children (3) when they are around.
Laurent is a graphic designer and works from home as a freelance. He plays the bass, practice the ping-pong and loves to go for a bicycle ride.
They both enjoy to have long walks in the countryside, to cook healthy food, to spend time in front of the fire place and to share stories and talks with (new) friends.
Práctica de idiomas
By working together, we are sure you will be able to learn :
- Some gardening skills (as we will do it together)
- Some French culture, cooking, wines testing, language...
- As Francoise has been a kindergarten teacher (Montessori/Steiner pedagogies) she can probably share a lot with you around those subjects if you're interested in it !
- As Laurent works a graphic designer, he can show you his work if you are interested. He also knows a lot about art history and music (bass player).
We would love your help with :
- Gardening : we are starting a permaculture garden (and we also have fruits trees) and would like you to help us in maintaining the garden...
- Maintenance : our nice big house requires some maintenance... Help with painting, fixing things, diverse works would be great !
- English : our English level misses some practice... We would love to have some hours of English practicing daily if you are an English speaker. We can also help you to improve your French !
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
The house we live in is big so you will be host in a nice large private room (possibly with a private bathroom). Towels and bedsheets are provided. The house has 6 bedrooms, a big living room with a chimney, a nice garden to eat outside when it's sunny, a workshop....
We eat organic food and would be happy to share our meals together (and feel free to cook with us too !).
Souvigny is a nice small medieval village in the center of France. The village has a museum, a church, some restaurants and small shops, a supermarket... all located within a 5/10mn walk from home.
Lots of walking paths are reachable from the house and the countryside around is nice.
Around 5 buses/day can take you to Moulins (10km away), the nearest city, where the train station can be found. A famous costumes museum is worth to see, and the city is nice, with lots of small shops, old churches, a cattle...
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week