1365 “me gusta”
We are a catalane family who lives in the beautiful area of “The Pre-Pyrenees”, province of Lleida. We live in a quiet region surrounded by mountains. We live with our daughter and our two dogs. The granny lives in the first floor of the same house.
We are in the centre of Camarasa, and just 1 hour and half drive from Barcelona, Tarragona and the Pyrenees (the beautiful area of the high mountains).
We like simple, quiet life in countryside, however Camarasa has recently become a touristic area, probably due to its beautiful landscapes. We have 2 dogs and the granny has 1 cat.
We work as tutors but only in the afternoons and evenings. Pau is an amateur musician so he can share traditional catalane music. Rosa makes a lot of traditional catalane and Mediterranean recipes, updated to be healthy ones. She loves cooking with whole ingredients and in a Mediterranean way and now many are from countries. Many thanks to the friends of workaway for sharing your culture! ;-).
Rosa daughter loves writting, nature, exercise and astronomy.
We speak fluently Catalan and Spanish, English and a little French. We love chatting in front of a glass of wine or a cup of tea, or coffee!
If you like to play music, we play catalane instruments as “tarota” but also double bass, racorder, guitar... (Pau is the teacher and the rest of us students, but we like to play together).
Rosa mother teaches spoken English so you will be asked for accompaning her in her English speaking classes over all. You no are required to know English grammar. Only English spoken skills. In summer, mid June, July and August there are NOT ENGLISH classes. The rest of the help is mainly cleanning.
We would ocasionally need some help about painting and renovating the house.
If you ask for, we are able to help you with Spanish. Many volunteers have improved their Spanish with us :)
We hope meet you soon. Have a nice week!
Rosa, Rosa and Pau
Práctica de idiomas
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de animales
Cocinar para toda la familia
We have helped a lot of volunteers to live and understand the culture of the people who live in the Pyrenees. We really love chatting after the meals and we keep the old style of the living from mediaterranean areas.
We are fond of accompany our friends of workaways to discover the Catalan and Spanish culture depending on the interest they have.
Apart from that, mother and daughter are Spanish teachers; many volunteers have improved their Spanish with us.
MAINLY we would like to have someone that can give a hand at home: cleaning and little cooking ( we only ask for preparing salad and omelettes in the evenings ).
We need help with our dogs.
We have one mid-wild pigeon.
Please, if you are 20 years old or yourger try to find another host.
We ask for some help in English conversation classes (Rosa mother works as an English teacher sometimes). But it is not needed in summer time ( mid June, July, August and half Setember). Only ocassionally..
We are delighted about languages exchange.
We expect five hours of help a day, five days a week . If you spend your weekends with us, do the normal help you would do at your home: helping with the kitchen, the meals, etc.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
A room in the 2nd floor, a floor in our town house with a bathroom. We live in the centre of a little medieval town of the Pre- Pyrenees of Catalonia (Lleida, Spain). We provide towels and the normal bed clothes.
- Please, if you are 20 years old or yourger try to find another host.
- The couple, Pau and Rosa are in their fifties both. We live in a little town of 500 inhabitants. Our house has 4 floors where our grandmother lives in the 1st floor by their own and we live in the 3rd with our young daughter in her twenties. We have two dogs. Your room is in the 2nd floor. You have a bathroom next to it.
- The area is full of wild life and there are many beautiful walks and nature. We love nature and we use to show Biology, Archaeology and History and Geology of Pre-Pyrenees and Pyrenees to friends and tourists.
- Our town is near Barcelona too (1 hour and half). It is very easy to get here from Barcelona and we help you to find the proper transport.
- All of our food is made at home in the Mediterranean way, because Rosa, the mother, loves cooking and recuperating old Mediterranean recipes. Many times the food is also with ingredients organically produced.
- We need help all the seasons and we don’t mind how much time you want to stay with us, neither long nor short. But in Summer, we limit the stay to 30 days maximum.
- With our family, you can come by yourself, live independent, but it doesn't mean being alone, only when you want, because we love chatting and having good discussions.
- If you're used to play any instrument, we love to play together and share music. You can bring it or you can use some of ours.
- We are really serious about Covid. We will inform you of our rules to this purpose when you contact us. Right now we mainly ask for being vaccinated.
- We prefer mainly to host people who are not vegan or vegetarian.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
It is important for us that you work for yourself only in your free time. Unfortunately, your schedule with us might change and then you will not be able to choose your free time.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week. At the weekends normal help at home if you stay with us in exchange for food and accomodation.
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: