I am Mashuri, in charge of the hostel, which is the house of the Portuguese founder who designed and built the International Cultural Center, which was built by 300 volunteers in the 90s as part of the area we are located in the heart of the Valle de Cafe or coffee axis landscape just 15km from Armenia and 4km from La Tebaida town, and we offer backpackers and families an opportunity to enjoy country life without leaving far from the city.
The whole area covers about 3090sq.m. And includes a country house hostel for 11 people, 1 outdoor events room fully equipped kitchen, rural house, area for camping, microfutbol fields, volleyball, BBQ area, organic farm, laundry, parking.
In recent years we mostly worked with national tourists only, and currently looking for volunteers to help market to international travellers. Volunteer work can range between following tasks:
- General hostel maintenance (cleaning, beds set-up, shopping, laundry)
- Reception and administration
- Help with organic farm (fruits and vegetables)
- Construction and design of new areas, decoration
- Digital marketing
- Initiation and execution of projects and events
- Exchange with native languages
Volunteer hours: 4-5 hours a day / 5 days a week, flexible schedule
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en una granja
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
We need both, working hands and passionate creative minds, to generally improve and activate the space, set-up and run certain services and activities, and create projects and events, which can benefit local communities and hostel guests. Such future projects and activities can include: help with setting up a school of arts and handicrafts, help with opening a cafe and shop for coffee and related products, organising lodoterapia (clay bath), yoga, horse riding, cooking classes, language classes, design & construction with guadua.
With your help we have man y ongoing and prospective projects. We can facilitate up to 8 volunteers but we need people with different skills.
We currently need people to help with:
- day to day running of the hostal
- restaurant development (some cooking skills or background)
- construction, repair and general maintenance
We are especially interested in:
- people who can work with recycled materials, repair roofing (local materials)
- people with creative furniture making skills,
- anyone we can help build an excel reservation system
- people to maintain and improve marketing and turism
- yoga classes
- organic community/indigenous farming and farmers market
- growing and roasting coffee (and branding, marketing)
- Clay bath building
- Traditional dance workshops
- Natural medicine and healing
- Event management and coordination
- Animal rescue
- Hostel upgrades
- Guadua construction and workshop
If you are hardworking, optimistic and motivated and have other skills to offer, we are really open to proposals and suggestions!
Accommodation: a bed in shared dormitory for 4 people, with private bathroom, free laundry
We are 4km away from the village La Tebaida, where you can find all shops/groceries that you need; delivery can also be arranged.
We are located in an area, known as "coffee triangle", so in a free time there are many outdoor activities and tours available: Coffee Tour (Parque Panaca, Parque Recuca, Parque del Cafe), Indigenous Village Cultural Tour, Thermal Springs Tour (Santa Rosa), Salento Valle del Cocora, Mariposario, Granja Ecologica Mama Lulu.
The place has magic landscapes and special energy, offering a truly different experience for nature lovers, earth grounded and spiritually minded souls.
There is an area, available for camping as well.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week