60 “me gusta”
UPDATE (from 2022-june):
We still have the plan to improve water management:
- Our pond needs care. More plants should grow in it. This will ask some shovel-work. The soil from it will create "Hügelbeeten" (raised beds) . There is no better work-out for gaining muscles ;-)
- Besides there are some sheds, bridges etc that have been torn down by time & storms and need an upgrade
- a long that help with maintaining & caring for the garden is welcome, something that we do with much hart&soul and hope you join in with that too
- - - - - - - - -
We are a couple of two humans living in Balen, Belgium. Since 2015 we own a huge garden were we apply the principles of permaculture. Our garden is source of our vegetarian life-style and (outgrown) hobby, an experimental ground and home for biodiversity. We do not own a car but have plenty of bicycles to fill this "gap". Other types of sustainability are part of our daily life as well. We are e.g. members of the local "transition town" project, try to reuse when possible, decrease our ecological footprint etc.
Instead of watching TV we prefer board games, books, music and internet.
You may contact us in Esperanto, Deutsch, Nederlands or English.
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda en una granja
Cocinar para toda la familia
- learn about permaculture in practice
- discover Esperanto the international language
- maintain and repair bicycles
- creative cooking
- all kinds of garden work, e.g. sowing, (trans-)planting all kinds of vegetables, fruits, trees, perennials; some "maintenance" (e.g. keeping nettles and bindweed in control); scythe the paths; harvesting & preservation (what is your favorite "grandma´s recipe"?!) ...
- little construction projects outside, e.g. making tables, chairs etc. out of pallet wood, "upgrading" some small old bridges, setting up a holistic "water management system" ...
- in the house: helping getting on with the renovation of some rooms upstairs (e.g. "vesting" the walls where now is only the basic structure after insulation) - some experience on this would be welcome; helping with the usual chores is also welcome (washing dishes, preparing meals etc.)
- sometimes there will be "local" people helping as well, ideally some Dutch would be useful to help with children & elderly (but no requirement)
- we have loads of idea´s but usually a hand short; we are also curious for your knowledge & are open for your input to make this place more resilient & enjoyable (it is already good but it can always get better ;) )
In short: if you have experience with or enthusiasm about gardening you are very welcome, as well if you have skills as a carpenter, electrician, renovator, system-thinker, cook or some other craft-ship to give us a boost :)
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
You can choose between having your room with bed & mattress
OR have your private camping trailer in the garden
OR bring your own tent
Our house is located in the "holiday" region of North-Belgium. It is a beautiful area for biking or having a walk or go swimming. There is a train station in our town, so going to the big cities of Belgium for sightseeing is possible.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión puede proporcionar un sitio para autocaravanas.
about 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: