We are two brothers who started our own kite school in northern Colombia, Cabo de la Vela 3 years ago (at least 20 knots of wind almost every day and flat water!). That’s an ideal spot either for beginners or experts.
Our school has a very family like atmosphere and we kitesurf, chill and eat together most of the time. Both of us kiteboard professionally and thus try to be on the water as much as possible. The idea is that the school helps to sustain us and our family, as well as to enable us to travel around the world and participate to championships. Most of the school was build by us from scratch and we are constantly changing, remodeling, painting and engaging in different projects (e.g., we just built a bar to provide a chill out area for our customers, have a slack line and some bars to work out on site, etc :). We also constantly have kids around (our brothers, sisters and cousins) eager to learn english in case you are willing to give some classes :)
You will also be able to get involved in other projects and volunteer for them if you like ! There is a foundation which helps indigenous children and has a project with a small Wayuu community located about 15min away from Cabo. In between October to December 2021, they will realize 2 beach cleaning and sensibilization workshop about trash and preservation of the oceans. And many other great projects to come, like the construction of a kitchen for a school 🤗
Let’s get in touch soon !!
Our team is waiting for you 🤟🏽
Práctica de idiomas
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
FYI: kitesurfing is generally a very expensive sport & equipment hard to get in Colombia
- once you are able to kite by yourself/ after the course you get a discount on equipment's rentals
- we speak Spanish and Wayuu (indegenous language in the region) so if you are eager to improve your language skills it is the place to be
- the region is very remote and the indigenous population unique
- in case you need some place to calm down after your travels through South America it is THE place to be
- if you can already kite and want to improve your skills its THE place to be: Nelson and Beto are competing internationally and can show you the tricks of the game
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
* If you have worked in social media marketing or are a yoga teacher lets talk asap*️️️
- English classes for local kids (1 h a day)
- Photographs & video makers of students/the school
- Administrative tasks for the school
- Graphic design (looking to upgrade our posters and flyers)
- Helping with online presence/marketing (great if you are already kiting and know the scene)
- Painting (murals or easy art)
- Building with wood & simple tools
- Helping with customers (e.g., set up & land kites)
- Building e.g., new chairs, storage capacity
- Yoga or Physiotherapy
- Bringing up any other great ideas/beat practices you have seen elsewhere
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
We all sleep in hammocks (much better against the heat and sand) so this is what we can provide you with. The hammocks are in the beach so you can sleep in a perfect spot with the sound of the water and a beautiful sky full of stars. Additionally there is no running water in Cabo de la Vela so we are using our water tank to shower. We use solar panels for electricity so be prepared to not have running electricity 24/7.
You will have your own locker for valuables.
In your spare time you can check out local sites, kite with us, join us in barbeques, swim, engage with the local community, paint, chill in in your hammock
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión puede proporcionar un sitio para autocaravanas.
Más de dos
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: