188 “me gusta”
We are a farmstay and inspiration centre at the start of its journey :). It's all about creating a place where internationals and locals can venture new ways for simple, creative, sustainable and abundant life. We have a longterm vision to help the position of community here as we go, providing a place of exchange, growth, skills and work. Think of programs like: organic farming, homestay running, empowering education for youth, waste management, local craftmenship activities like woodwork/pottery/tailoring, and a centre for yoga/music/arts. Our goal is to be a self reliant/self sustaining project one day.
We are located near the lap of the Himalayas 5 hours ride from Rishikesh in a mountain town called Pauri. On a clear day, layers of mountains and The Himalayas greet us from our garden. Karan (India) and I (Lieke from Netherlands) started the project in April 2021 and we have done crowdfunding and some renovation work. Our main aim now is to get the homestay and organic garden up and running. We also started tuitions for a few children. In Pauri there are not many tourist facilities nor NGO's, so it's special to start here.
Karan and Lieke
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
Exchange with culture and community is all around. We have a Nepalese family living nextdoor with whom we collaborate and share the farm. Karan comes from Pauri though he also lived in other places of India. His English is fluent. Lieke comes from The Netherlands. She has lived, travelled and worked in different countries and also her English is fluent.
We are looking for people to help us with:
- Woodwork: if you are an enthousiastic carpenter you can help out a lot! Pick your project: kitchen interiors / making furniture (beds / couch / dining area) renovating windows and doors. We have the basic woodworking tools and machines like circular saw, jigsaw, orbital sander, drill driver, handsaws, clamps, hammer. If needed we can purchase any other tools necessary. You are welcome to think along with designs and efficient use of the rooms. We'd love to have a homestay with handcrafted wooden furniture that can inspire others.
- Helping hands for preparing and painting indoor ceilings and walls.
- Organic garden: it would be great to have someone with permaculture/gardening experience or passion who can help us with gardening. We need greenhouses (to protect crops from monkeys) and compost pits. You could help with some garden design (making pathways). Surrounding the house are terraces up and down, which will be used for organic farming. We have walnut, pear, orange and lemon trees. It's 1-1.5 acre so it's not very big, but it offers potential to create something beautiful and abundant! We want to show that it is possible to have a very productive garden despite size and monkeys.
- Giving tuitions: at the moment we give tuitions to a small group of children (11-15 years old). It's a very free program: every day is different. We teach English, subjects about nature/sustainability, painting, yoga, playing games, etc. Our main focus is to support them in growing confidence about their own qualities and show them a variety of activities different from school. Learning by doing. You can come up with nice lessons.
- Photographing, videographing, creating social media content, and so on. It would be helpful if you come with your own camera. Any ideas welcome!
If you have any other skills and you feel like staying and sharing, please let us know and we can see if there are any possibilities.
We invite people that share a vision of a more simple and abundant world and who'd like to bring in eco friendly ideas, and understand that life’s not perfect and we’re on a journey all together. Besides this we want to share and enjoy together with you a beautiful process of collaboration and doing good. We'd love to co-create this place with others.
We have basic living conditions since not all amenities (like running water) are yet available. Safe drinking water, internet and electricity are available. We heat up water for a bath. All cooking facilities are available and dishwashing is done by our lovely didi Krishna every day.
We will ensure you have a comfortable mattress and private/shared room depending on the amount of guests. Personally I have gained a lot of joy and confidence knowing that I can be happy living more basic, so it could be very enriching depending on who you are :).
Since Karan is Indian and I am Dutch, we eat a mixture of Indian and western dishes. We both cook, and you too are welcome to cook! Breakfast is toast/egg/oats & chai/coffee/tea (everybody makes for themselves). Lunch is rice, dahl and veggies. Around 5pm there is chai/tea. Dinner is roti and veggies. IMPORTANT: If you have a specific diet, inform us so we can see if/what things are possible. Extra’s are at your own costs :).
HOW TO GET HERE
From Dehradun (AirPort) get a taxi/bus to Rishikesh. From Delhi, take a bus to Rishikesh. In the mornings there are buses and shared taxis going from Rishikesh to Pauri bus stand. Inform in Rishikesh where they take off. From Pauri bus stand to Adara Farmstay it’s a 20 minute walk.
You can have a village walk to a church, a hike up to a small temple & forest, explore the mountain roads and villages by rented scooter, visit the market of Pauri, read a book, do yoga, draw or paint something, cook if you like, chat with us.. There are vegetable and market shops nearby. There is a nice little cafe with Indian-western dishes (10 minute walk).
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
We have a relative fast and stable internet connection through 4G. WiFi not (yet) available.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: