580 “me gusta”
In the pre-alps of French Riviera/Côte d'Azur, on a large 80 ha property made of mountains, forests, fields and streams, nested in a lovely valley, we are creating a sustainable international community to support the creation and development of a NPO and its home, dedicated to personal development and growth, parenting and relationships, as well as yoga, meditation and wellness in general.
We are welcoming volunteers from September 13th onward (winter included).
Trabajo de caridad
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda en una granja
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
We are fluent English, French speakers, as well as a very little Spanish and Italian. Happy to practice any of those languages with you!
You will learn everything about and share experiences with refurbishing an apartment/house/building, from foundations to roof, insulation, layout, plastering, plumbing, electricity, tiling, wood works...
You can also participate in the green works around with Woofers if you like.
You will take part of the creation the foundations of a community and a Non Profit Organisation focus on harmony between sustainability and personal-growth by:
1) helping fully refurbish 2x 40m² and 15m² barn/workshop into a fully renovated bedrooms with shower room/WC for volunteers, and general site maintenance and development (supervised plumbing/electrical/building/wood/iron works). Loads of opportunities to learn a lot in DIY.
2) creating digital artwork for marketing collateral and helping in production of the digital and written content for communication related to the NPO. Student or experience in digital artwork preferred.
3) contribute to start the sustainable forest management and wood production plan, that will provide the boards and beams needed to build 10x wooden cabins and constructions (including 200m² dome, fire pit coverage).
4) help in planning and testing a 5 ha permaculture project by gathering the necessary knowledge from literature, Internet and partners, and combine with information collected from the land (species, seasons, weather, different earth qualities...). Student or experience in permaculture preferred.
5) electrical independence: participate in challenging project to create first community-reproductible solar-generated gravity-stored electrical plant.
6) wooden works and charpentry to create different wooden cabins and furnitures from our own wood (to be) harvested on site.
You will work 5h / day, 5 days per week, and enjoy free time the rest of the time. Can eventually work 8h / day, 3 days a week, but generally not sustainable.
Work schedule is generally: guided works Friday, Saturday, Monday, and autonomous works the 2 others days. Might adapt to each others agendas. Manager(s) might be away a couple of days per week for others professional activities.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Teaching French (language of work) Practicing English (language of work) A very little bit of Spanish and Italian (social - can't work in these languages)
While we get the staff condo up and running,
In warm season, you will enjoy the pleasures of the gorgeous glamping site with its 20m² tents and lovely bathroom trailers - see photos.
In cold season, you will share in-house fully-renovated 15 m² bedrooms with their own en-suite shower room and toilet (separated from each others). The room has a lovely view to nature, with terrace. Nice and warm feeling thanks underfloor heating.
Meals will be taken in outdoor covered dining area with pro kitchen and BBQ.
Out of fire-risk season you will also enjoy singing-along, music and grill by the super-large fire pit.
You can also benefit from the outdoor spring water swimming pool and outdoor activities (trampoline, hammocks, slackline, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, canoe, via-ferrata and beyond...).
Lots to do around from almost every kind of outdoor sports (hikes and bikes, paragliding, climbing - including on the property - canyoning, via ferrata, acrobranching, kayaking...) to local countryside village sightseeing, and of course all French Riviera famous towns like Cannes, Nice, Monaco, St Paul de Vence...
Train station Puget-Theniers to Nice is 8 kms away. We can bring/take you there few times a week, and hitchhiking is easy in this countryside villages area. A car is a plus for your autonomy - possible to rent cheap one at the local grocery store.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Despite being remote, the property has 4x Internet connexions multiplexed to get a decent 60/40 Mbps bandwidth allowing remote workers (like us) a good experience.
Yes we have plenty of space to accomodate any size of van.
Más de dos
5 hours a day, 5 days a week; or 3-4 days of work, 3-4 days of free time.
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: