In our hotel in Granada (Nicaragua) we welcome you to make social impact with your skills!
We are a social enterprise with two hotels: one in Granada, Nicaragua and one in Oaxaca, Mexico. Hotels with a story. Why? By sleeping in our hotel, conscious travellers support our social mission: breaking the poverty cycle. We invest 75% of our profits in education projects: tutoring in primary school and scholarships for secondary school and university. The other part of our mission is to increase the social and environmental consciousness of our guests. One way to do this is by offering local impact tours, to give them a more profound experience and understanding of the area and her people.
About our team in Granada:
In Granada we work with around 10 people. Education specialists, cleaning, managers, bar personnel. The manager is responsible for our daily hotel operations.
The founders are from The Netherlands and live in Holland after having lived in the respective countries for years. Furthermore we have a large group of volunteers and interns that help us with websites, finance, etc.
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda con ordenadores/Internet
- Live in Granada, one of the most beautiful colonial cities in Central America
- Be part of a cross-cultural team
- Practice or improve Spanish/English language skills
- Learn about community and sustainable development and tourism
- Learn about local customs and traditions
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
PROJECT: Marketing and online media of our impact excursions and projects and hotel in general:
We offer our hotel guests local impact tours. Tours that have deep impact on both travellers as well as the local people involved. We have developed a couple of tours, but want to offer more and need to market it mucht better.
Communication on impact projects in general and hotel stay would also be very helpful.
That's what we need you for!
Timing of the project:
Starting ASAP and at least 1 month so that you can book some results.
Elements of the project:
- Implement management process (administration, finances, planning, etc.)
- Develop marketing material (eg. design flyers [offline and online], social media posts, etc.)
- Set up and execute a promotion strategy (inside and outside the hotel)
- Develop new tours: think of local cooking workshops, visit social and/or local workplaces, cycling tours through poor areas, etc.
You will work together on a daily basis with our general manager. Obviously you have to interact with all our personnel and front desk as well. And check with guests what they think of our trips, promotion etc.
Do you have experience in (product)marketing, (social) media and/or business development? Then you're our guy/girl!
Precondition: basic level of spanish.
If you are interested please send us your CV and a message to motivate why you are the right person with the right experience and skill set.
You can stay in the hotel during your project.
What to do on your days off:
- Get to know Granada, its culture, people and customs
- Meet other travellers
- Learn spanish
- And off course, your collegues will be very happy to show you around and go out to explore!
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Este anfitrión ha indicado que le encanta acoger a nómadas digitales.
5 (25hrs max)