1916 “me gusta”
Hello travelers, and welcome to my farm. I am Anne Helene 14th generation living here. Our family goes back a long time on the farm, so I am proud to keep it for the coming generations. The family used to be bigger, but most family members have work outside the farm or studying now. I also work in a school when I don't work at home. There is always two volunteers or other employees around at the farm. The summertime is the busiest.
There is no longer a production of milk or meat on the farm, so we no longer live from the land, and the farm. But taking care of the property, is still a lot of work. We offer our «Green Care» services to a group of people with dementia two days a week, and holiday “breaks” for young people in the area. “Green care” refers to individually adapted and quality-assured welfare services on farms. The services shall stimulate coping skills, development, and well-being. Because of this we also keep some different animals. We have to nurses/social workers that takes care of the old people. The workawayers that stays for a longer period of time, is a positive supplement to the groups of old, and young people.
We had people staying here through different exchange and volunteer programs, since 1994. We learned a lot form these experiences, and we speak English fluently. We have lots of experience in making our guests time with us as interesting and fun as possible.
In the the other seasons:
-We prefer single travelers that can stay 2-3 months. We will consider shorter requests ONLY IF we have shorter availabilites.
- We prefer single travelers that are mature (in general minimum 25 years old), and is genuinly interested to learn from the host and participate in the prosjects that is in progress at the farm.
- We will request references for social skills from a former work place. We can also set up an intervju on whats app.
Vacancies all year around:
1. Late summer/early autumn, August-October: Two travelers needed for animal care, some garden work, general maintenance, and some help in the house/cooking/cleaning.
2. Late Autumn/beginning of winter, October-December: Two travelers needed for animal care, some forest/woodwork and general maintenance and some help in the house/cooking/cleaning.
3. Christmas/winter- skiing season December-March: Two travelers needed for animal care, and general maintenance and help in the house/cooking/cleaning.
4. Long term stay for one traveler, with the goal of learning the Norwegian language, and using your education for working in Norway (and getting permanent work).
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de animales
Ayuda en una granja
Cocinar para toda la familia
As a workawayer with us, you will learn about norwegian coocking, and traditional celebrations. You will learn some handcraft, and how we use the mouintain in farming. We will do what we can to help you experience the local souroundings.
If you come in the winter, we will teach you how to skii, and you are welcome to spend a Norwegian christmas with us.
You will meet, and learn from other workawayers.
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
On a property like this there is a lot projects to keep the farm in a proper condition, and we are happy if you would lend us a helping hand, and share our experiences.
In the winter we go to the forest to get some firewood for the next winter, witch we cut and chop in the spring.
In the summer, we paint and maintain the houses. We have a big fruit- and berry garden. We try to pick and preserve it for the next winter.
The small animals, also needs being attended to. We also have a horse.
Living busy lives, and being outside on the property most of the time, we would love to have someone help us in the houses.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
There are a few possibilities here:
• A room in the hosts house, sharing the toilet with the family. The shower is located in another building.
• A room in the second house, sharing the toilet with the family. The shower is located in another building.
• A small, one room, traditional cabin with two beds, sharing the toilet with the family. The shower is located in another building. It is a very quiet and cosy cabin with a 'green' roof and it lies just a few meters from the main house. Perfect for nature lovers.
There is a high probability that you have to share a room with another Workawayer. In all cases you are sharing household with the family.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Because rooms are sometimes for short periods used for B&B, it depends on the situation what possibilities are available, you might also have to change room during your stay.
Internet is sometimes slow in the countryside.
Museums, skiing, dogsleding, shoping, hiking and many other things. We play a lot of games.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
On spesific terms
On spesific terms
Más de dos
In return for board and lodging we expect 25 hours per week (approx. 5 hours a day). We like to look at it in a flexible way, so if you want to make more hours one day and less the other, that's an option. Please keep in mind that this should be a win-win
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: