Welcome, we are a 4 year old permaculture farm located near Yeppoon looking for people who are keen to learn about all things permaculture and who have a passion for sustainability. Our long-term goal is to create a self-sustaining community on the farm and we have made a huge amount of progress in our first few years of set up and operation. Our food forest will have up to 7 layers from canopy to root vegetables. Our market garden is something special with over 50 varieties of temperate/sub tropical/ tropical food plants. The property includes a number of other sustainable features. We want to be clear with you that you will be joining a working farm where we are trying to create a permaculture-based business model that can actually support itself without relying on outside philanthropy. This is a huge challenge in itself and requires a lot of hard work such as weeding, mulching, prepping garden beds, digging holes & fencing but we must remember we are in the foundational stages of creating something that will last and that has already touched many people's lives. We will do our best to teach you as much as we can about Permaculture and about the different aspects of our operation as we go along as well. The position is well suited to people who want hands-on experience growing their own chemical-free food and learning how to create a dynamic eco-business model that includes tours, events, a paddock to plate restaurant and education. This is a voluntary position with the expectation of 25 hours of help a week (Monday to Friday) in exchange for:
- Modern single and double rooms available with attached ensuites
- Some restaurant meals provided at our nearby paddock to plate restaurant
- All other meals provided with the opportunity to prepare meals directly from the garden and learn about holistic food preparation methods
- Wifi provided at the resort 4 kilometres away
- Access to cars, bikes, a SUP and canoes to explore the nearby area
- A yoga class each week in our nearby yoga studio
- Landscape to explore over the 140 acre property
- Endless love from our free range animals - 2 dogs, 3 miniature horses, 4 horses, 6 sheep, 18 cows, 3 pigs, chickens and ducks with more arriving all the time
- 4kms from the beach and close to and National Parks, Great Keppel Island and The Southern Great Barrier Reef
Requirements for helpers staying on our beautiful farm:
- A passion for plants and a desire to learn about food systems
- A minimum of 5 hours of help a day (Monday-Friday)
- A minimum commitment of 4 weeks
- The ability to shovel, weed and move compost
- The ability to share a space with others and respect the upkeep our the living quarters
The property really is something special and we are uniquely positioned being only 10 minutes from town and 5 minutes to the beach. Many people come for a few weeks and end up staying for 6 months or more. Volunteers get the unique experience of what it is like living in a small community. We see ourselves as one big family on the farm. Everyone is welcome to contribute equally. We live by the permaculture ethics of land care, people care and fair share. Wherever possible, we reduce our waste, use available resources and eat directly from the garden.
We are also now offering a 6 Month (Unpaid) Internship Program that will see participants rotate around a number of different departments of our business and receive one-on-one mentoring on how to set up and run a dynamic eco-business operation. Please follow the link above for more details and to apply.
Trabajo de caridad
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de animales
Ayuda en una granja
How to live sustainably, grow your own organic produce using the permaculture method, build using sustainable building techniques and materials, prepare food for sale and use our nearby restaurant. We have a beautiful team here who can teach you so much about life and how to live it as well. Our helpers will be accommodated in a private cabin with their own bathroom, can enjoy excursions to nearby tourist spots, have lots of free time to relax, free yoga classes and use our nearby swimming pool and beach.
The farm is at early stages and we require some volunteers to help us expand over the next couple of years. This will include gardening, planting, food preparation, building, starting new income streams, cottage industries, learning and events.
Cabins with ensuite, hot shower, fire pit.
Great Keppel island is a short boat trip away. The coastline also has has some beautiful beaches and Byfield National Park and Five Rocks is 45 minutes to the North.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
5 hours per a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: