Hi I am Anna, the mum in a family of 5, mom, and we have 3 daughters of 18, 16 and 13.
We are very friendly and hospitable as we have been hosting au pairs and international students in the last 10 years, which has helped our girls grow-up, develop an open minded mentality, and above all, to develop their English.
We live in Torino downtown, in a big apartment in nice and quiet area in the city center, which is at walking distance from everything you might want to visit and see in the town, including the most popular shopping area, and attractions, such as palaces, monuments, museum, restaurants and bars.
We are also very close the Metro and bus stops, and the most important railways station were high speed trains connecting with the most important Italian and European cities stop (for example with Rome and Venice in 4hours, Florence, 2h ½ , Milan in 45 min, and Paris in 5h).
In our family we all enjoyed the experience of hosting international au pairs and students and we would like to continue. Since our girls are grown up and need less childcare on one side, and have less free time available from their school the workaway hosting model seems to be the ideal one for us now, including the shorter periods.
My daughters and I are all interested in continuing to practice English, therefore we would be mainly interested in hosting a native English speaking girl.
Since our eldest daughter started studying Spanish this year, we are also interested in Spanish native speakers, yet bi-lingual (English and Spanish), since her sisters only speak English.
We would need your help with teaching English and in case Spanish to our girls for about 3-4 hours a day.
We don’t need help with daily chores but expect you take care of your spaces, and be part of a family were everybody helps.
If you’d like to spend your free time with us you are welcome. We are very busy during the week, but during weekends we enjoy outdoor activities especially on the mountains, were we go regularly both in winter (skiing) and in summer (hiking/biking).
Prática de idiomas
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
We have a long experience hosting au-pairs and students, so we like to think we developed a very open minded and welcoming attitude (we can provide references) and like sharing our culture with people coming from other Countries.
If you are interested we could:
• Share with you our interest in Italian food and local wine, teaching some basics. If you are a wine/chocolate lower we would be happy to bring you vist some wine producer
• Practice speaking Italian with you
• Give you advice about visits/truism
• Teach you skiing and our passion for the mountains nearby Turin.
We will also be able to connect you with other international girls/boys in town leveraging our wide network of host families in town, to help you quickly find new friends.
Este projeto pode envolver crianças. Para mais informações, veja aqui nossas diretrizes e dicas.
We would love to host a a young girl (ideally 18-25 of age), possibly English or Spanish mother tongue, in any case fluent in English, interested and open to experience living with a family abroad, and connect with our teen and pre-teen girls.
We are interested in formal lessons, which we would ask you to do 3-4 hrs a week, but appreciate the importance of unformal chatting, to help our girls learn the language and open their mind.
Previous teaching experience that would be very appreciated
We have a helper so we do not need you to help in the house, but expect you to take care of your room and to clean the bath and the commons spaces of the house after using it.
We are very flexible and do not have problems with you going out during the day, but if you go out at night we appreciate your respect for our rest and be silent if you exceptionally came back after midnight.
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
We will host you in our apartment, in an historic building in one of the best and quite area of Turin downtown. You will sleep in comfortable room. We have the washing machine and will give you 24h Wi-Fi connection.
You will be welcome to join us for meals.
Depending on what you are looking for:
- food and wine: Turin is one of the mosst famous area in Italy for food and wine (see below in the city summary). We will be happy to show you the most popular gelato shops, pizzeria, restaurants, etc.
- outdoor activities: Turin is a city full of parks, the most important river in Italy (for rowing), very close to the mountains (some of the most famous skiing resorts), and to the sea.
- gym/sports: in addition to the above we are very close to gym clubs, swimming pools etc.
- Theatre/museums: all most important ones are at walking distance from were we live.
- learning Italian: there are many schools around where we live. We will be able to advise including free italian classes.
About Torino (Turin)
Torino is Italy’s third largest city and important destination for language, culture, and international business education. The city blends historic charm with big-city vitality.
It has Roman origin, strong and Baroque footprint, it is full of historic buildings and places, and has highest number of parks in Italy.
It was the first capital of Italy before Rome, and today Torino developed a strong presence in global business and innovative design, and more recently become one of the most popular tourist destination, and food district.
Being one of the most important university center in Italy (e.g. Politecnico), it become an international and young student city.
Torino has an excellent public transportation system, which is easily accessible to students. Torino’s buses, trams, and metro are an efficient, inexpensive way to get around the city or you can enjoy the many cobblestone pedestrian walking areas.
Torino is also very close to the mountains (about 1 hr driving), and to the seaside (about 1.30hr by car).
Torino is one of the most appreciate destination for food and gastronomy, and is best known around the word for:
- Wine: Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, but also hundreds of other wines: together with Tusacny, and the nearby France regions of Bordeaux and Borgogne, Piedmont, is one of the best and oldest wine area in the world
- Chocolate: Torino is one of the few town in Europe with the longest tradition of manufacturing chocolate.
- Truffles (white truffles), cheeses, hazelnut are some of the other most famous products form Torino and its area.
- Torino’s historic cafés were recently named the best in Italy!
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week