Favorito 211 vezes
We are a Polish-Mongolian couple based in Karakorum, the ancient capital of Mongolia placed in the heart of the country, around 360 km from Ulan Bator. My name is Agata and I come from Poland. I came to Mongolia as a researcher and found my home here. Tamir Samandbadraa - my husband, who is a well known Mongolian artist calligrapher and I live in an old house which we are turning into a guest house. The house has four rooms, restaurant, little library and calligraphy studio. There are also couple of yourts in the backyard. There is a lot of place outside that can be turned into garden or recreational space.
Prática de idiomas
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Cuidar de animais
Cuidar de crianças/atividades criativas
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
- learn about Mongolian culture and life in the Mongolian countryside
- visit the historical capital and one of the most important Buddhist centres of the country
- learn calligraphy or painting techniques (Mongolian calligraphy from Tamir and Tibetan calligraphy from Agata, oil painting etc.)
- try Mongolian cuisine, the traditional food and horse milk drink, all natural and fresh from Mongolian countryside
- we can help you arrange a horse trip or give you other advice on travelling in Mongolia
- and many others
Este projeto pode envolver crianças. Para mais informações, veja aqui nossas diretrizes e dicas.
There is a lot of work of all kinds that you can help us with. We need help with any of the following:
- small renovation works in the house
- plumbery etc.
- arranging space in the backyard
- decoration of the building from the inside and outside
- social media promotion, website
- taking good photos of our place
- preparing beds and cleaning rooms for the guests of our guest house
- all kinds of house work like cleaning the rooms, washing things in the washing mashine, washing the dishes etc.
- feeding our dog
- playing with our son
- any other type of work you can do!
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
You can stay in one of the rooms or in the yourt depending on availability and your preference. We can accomodate a family or a single person. We can provide food (breakfast and lunch or dinner) but sometimes we will involve you in meal preparation! It is possible to arrange vegetarian or vegan food options (ingredients). For meet eaters there is no better place than Mongolia as Mongolian diet consists mostly of meat and milk products.
Our place is located just next to the local bus station and market place. It is a 15 minutes walk from the biggest attraction of Karakorum - the Erdene Zuu monastery, archeological museum, Mongolian calligraphy and art center L'Ecrin - Erdenesiin Khuree, and only 3 km from the beautiful Orkhon river valley. There is a lot of things to discover around. We have 2 bicycles which you can use or we can give you a drive around in our car to the places you want to visit. Our friends organize horse trips in the area so we can help you arrange a horse trip or give you other travel advice that you wish.
1. How to get to Kharkhorin from UB?
The best way is to take a bus from the Dragon bus station in UB. It leaves every day at 11 am but be prepared to get there earlier to get the ticket. It costs around 25 000 tugriks per person (6 euro). It takes about 6 hours to get to Kharkhorin.
2. What should I bring to Mongolia?
First of all, take some warm clothes. A sleeping bag can be useful too. Most days are sunny so a hat to protect your head and UV cream will be a good idea. Some pocket knife etc, some camping accessories might be useful depending on your plans of traveling. When you visit Mongolian families you should always bring some gift with you so something small from your home country might be nice to gift to people. The climate is very dry so you might need some hand cream etc. depending on your skin condition. If you plan to go to the countryside or do horse riding some hight shoes are recommended.
3. What other things should a foreign know when coming to Mongolia?
Basically, be prepared for the unknown;) it is good to be flexible and adapt to the situation rather than plan everything precisely in advance because "the Mongol is the way the Sky is". (The exception is when you book a travel with the tour companies - it's better to do it in advance)
Beware of the dogs, don't pet them, they can be very dangerous because their job is to protect home from strangers.
Keep your valuable things and money in a safe place, don't leave them visible because they will get stolen. Don't show your wallet full of money in public places. Keep your things organized. What is on the table belongs to everyone.
Research what you want to see and experience in Mongolia and enjoy your time safely!!!
Rules of the house:
1. Be kind and respect each other (of course!)
2. Clean after yourself NOW (not after... Or tomorrow...)
3. Keep common spaces tidy
4. Give equally as you take
5. No smoking inside (you can smoke outside but don't trash)
6. If the door was closed, when you enter/leave, close it back
7. If you go somewhere alone, it is better to tell someone where you are going (safely)
8. Feed the dog only in the dog's bowl and don't let him enter the house (Mongolian rules)
9. Don't put dangerous or breakable things on the level of the toddler (there is a child in the house)
10. Don't leave things outside unattended (the wind or dog or someone will take them)
11. If you want to help and don't know how, check if: there are dishes to wash, trash to collect, floor to clean, kitchen to clean, food to prepare, give water to the dog, etc
12. If you don't know something, ask!
Make sure that you accept and follow the rules. If you have more questions feel free to ask.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
We have WiFi, 2G (best possible in the countryside)
Este anfitrião pode fornecer espaço para vans.
Este anfitrião está aberto a aceitar viajantes com animais de estimação.
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: