Hello, I am Solène (-so- like in Sophia and -lène- like in Ellen), a 20-year-old internet student (I’m French). I am a second year student in English, to become an English teacher or a French teacher.
I have gone workawaying once and I enjoyed that experience a lot! But as I have 2 horses and a cat that has diabetes, I can’t go abroad as often as I want. That’s why I wanted to become a host! I would love exchanging with workawayers. I want workawayers to experience their best stay here in Brittany!
This actually is my mother’s house : I, my brother and my mother live there. Though you will have privacy as you will have a (partly) separated accommodation.
From riding the horses, to going kayaking, beach activities, fishing, or just having a walk around and go sightseeing, you’ll find something that suits you if you love outdoor activities!
Please note that I favorise workawayers who have EXPERIENCE WITH HORSES, it is safer for everybody.
As from May 23rd I’ll start a full-time summer job ; type of help and plannings might change slightly.
I’m having a 2 week trip in late June/beginning of July. Please check the calendar on top for availabilities.
STAYS OVER 1 MONTH ARE LESS HANDY FOR US.
Cuidar de animais
I can teach you FRENCH if you want! You will also learn about taking care of HORSES and GARDENING.
Most of the time I cook either Chinese or Japanese at home. People usually say I’m a good cook, so I guess I could also show you how I COOK though I am no professional!
Of course you will learn about Brittany and France daily :)
We try to live as eco-friendly as possible (wood heating, electric car, growing vegetables, buying biologic, local veggies from the marketplace). We also live in an environment that is surrounded by NATURE.
I have got a harp, a guitar, a bass and a piano. If you want to try/play those instruments you’re most welcomed! (The celtic Harp is a typical instrument from Bretagne.)
Este projeto pode envolver crianças. Para mais informações, veja aqui nossas diretrizes e dicas.
- Mostly help with the HORSES and their PASTURE (daily care, riding outside, fixing the fences, cutting off weed and brambles… I also want to make a few new installations).
- Right now there is a lot of work with the vegetable GARDENS (pulling out weed, preparing the soil, planting seeds…)
- I am LEARNING English, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese, so it would be nice if you helped me practicing (but I could also start learning your language if it’s not one of those (I’m especially interested in German)).
- I have a lot of house work to do but it’s not fun so I won’t ask you to do that, unless you really want (painting, repairing, handywork, DIY).
Typically, I need you to ride the horses 2 times a week (2-3h), the two other days we can do gardening or language training.
As from May 23rd I may start a full-time summer job ; type of help and plannings might change slightly.
Chinês (mandarim): Iniciante
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
I am doing studies to be a French and English teacher. I can teach you French and I would also love learning yours.
We built a house extension 3 years ago. This is where you will sleep! You will have privacy. (You don’t hear noise from the house at all, so you or we could even do the vacuum at midnight without disturbing each other). The room is about 35m2 and has a 3m-wide projector screen and a home cinema with Netflix. You will have your own bathroom, which is nice and neat. However there is no kitchen, you’ll have to use the one in the main house. Anyway we expect you to have meals with us as you will be treated as family!
I’m having a 2 week trip in late June/beginning of July.
STAYS OVER 1 MONTH ARE LESS HANDY FOR US.
The surroundings :
- The house is located 200m from a small beach where you can go swimming or kayaking/rowing (we have a canoe (2-4 people) and a kayak (1 person)). Fishing is allowed and we have a fishing rod.
- There is also a tourist boat : Le Passeur du Trieux (you get onboard at the port which is a 15 min walk from the house. 19-34€, with a way back) . (If you’re sea sick, the tiny train along the river is similar to the boat tour, and the round trip is only 10€)
- You can also go visit the lovely Bréhat Island for 10€ (round trip) (16 min by car to get to the boat).
- Many lovely beaches where I can take you by car.
- There are nice walks around, including a horse riding trail and cycling trails.
- The Gardens of Kerdalo, a lovely botanical garden, is 10 min by car (7€).
- The Abbaye de Beauport, a church un ruins, is 10 min by car (6€).
- The Sillon de Talbert, a unique 3km-long path of sand surrounded by the sea (shoal), is 14 min by car.
- The Côte de granit rose, a unique shore with pink volcanic stone, is 38 min by car.
- The old steam train along the river, but it’s currently under maintenance.
There are 8 buses a day to Lannion and Paimpol (the station is 7min by walk) (2€). We have an electric bike.
On Friday morning there is a marketplace in the city where you can buy veggies. (5min-walk). (On Tuesdays in in Paimpol, on Wednesdays in Tréguier, on Saturdays in Pleubian, on Sundays in Ploubazlanec (all of these cities are within 8 kms).)
TO GET HERE :
Before 7pm : From Rennes, you can take the 10€ train that goes to SAINT-BRIEUC STATION, then take the 2€ bus to PAIMPOL where I will pick you up.
After 7pm : From Rennes, you can take the 10€ train that goes to GUINGAMP STATION where I will pick you up.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
2-4 hours a day, 4 days a week
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: